Talking mexico

Kick back, relax, here any topic is fine, well... almost any topic... :-)

Moderators:admin, Moderators

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru
Talking mexico

Post by JROJEFF » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:47 pm

I got off work last night at about midnight ( working night shift for awhile )
and went to a local bar. There was only about 5-6 people there and we started doing shots . I was wearing a pv shirt and a guy and his wife noticed, they are also mexico lovers . Im sure you know what the rest of the night was until closing. I cant believe we didnt end up at the airport and on our way to paradise :lol: jeff

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:41 pm

:lol:

Seems like that's the whole of my conversations anytime, anywhere.

margarita man 2

Post by margarita man 2 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:14 pm

Same here. Every time i see someone in a P.V. shirt guaranteed i will ask them were they stayed, or if they mention they are going to P.V. the first thing i tell them is to make sure they go to PiPi's for dinner. Friend of mine have a daughter who is getting married next year in P.V. and they were asking questions about it, i told them all that i could but my knowledge about weddings in P.V. is rather limited ( iam probably not the best person to ask about being married anyway right about now ) so i told them about this real cool site that has more info. then they will ever use, it is called puertovallarta.net. Anyone ever heard of it?
Man am i ever long winded here.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:16 pm

chuck wrote::lol:

Seems like that's the whole of my conversations anytime, anywhere.
Me too. I'm sure some people must think I can't hold a conversation about any other topic. It's embarrassing sometimes. And do you ever find yourself not saying something like "that reminds me of the time in Mexico............." just so you're not so predictable?

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:35 am

This afternoon I was in a shop and overheard a couple women speaking Spanish to each other. Man that took me back, we don't have a lot of Spanish speakers in my little community. I smiled for hours.

Joyce

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:43 am

DELETED

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:53 am

Its nice to know that Im not the only person with a one track mind, I think the only reason I work anymore is to save for my next vacation :lol:

welovepv
PV Master
PV Master

Post by welovepv » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:57 am

I work in an ER and we use Spanish interpretors. One of the interpretors was conversing with a patient today and I heard "Jalisco" - my ears perked up!! I understood!! I envy people that can speak fluent Spanish. I'd love to learn, I'm afraid my head has grown shut and I cannot learn anymore!!

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:23 am

i dont care if i speak enough or as little as possible, as long as my amigo im speaking with understands me . its about having fun 8)

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:14 am

I find one of the hardest things to do when we return from PV is going shopping back home and wanting to barter for clothes and jewelry - I look at the price tag and try to think what I would start the "bid" at in Mexico!!

jj

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:49 pm

jj ... :)

I enjoy the barter system and in Canada in the trades one uses it at times...how fun to be able to barter when shopping for clothes .

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:17 am

I love the spanish language. On day two of our trip last week about 60% of the words comming out my mouth was in spanish. It didn't take very long for it all to come back. It was fun to teach other guests some words and phrases. And of course I did make some mistakes and was cheerfully corrected. ¡Viva la gente de México!

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:27 am

DELETED

sandib
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sandib » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:10 am

That is all I can talk about all year (we make reservations about a year in advance every year). The girls at work get soooo sick of hearing about it, they usually telll me to quit rubbing it in! I can't help it I tell them, I am very sick, I have the PV addiction! 8)

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:03 pm

Yep, 1st weekend back at the hospital and people are asking "So when are you planning to go back?" I guess they know me too well.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:17 pm

DELETED

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:04 am

its funny because i still will say hola coma esta to the office lady when i pick up my dept. checks ,and then the president of the company went to pv and bought a time share in paradise village , so now a couple of us are walking aroung saying -tu no hable englase .que es su problomo? tu ese muy el loco , its fun to speak spanish to people when they dont know what your saying ,esp cuss words.
jro

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:18 am

We first went to PV in 1984 and bought our first T/S in 86. I recall saying "won't it be nice to be able to trade places through RCI?" This October will be the 23rd consecutive year and now have 2 T/S, have never traded and each year is as good, if not better then the year before. Use to be that the one week was fine, now the 3 weeks is not enough.

No, no one that has the PV addiction is crazy. Well maybe.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:49 pm

DELETED

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:55 pm

I hear you there Chuck... as i am working on putting a quick vacation in October to our home away from home... and there are many people that ask us when our next trip is, and when we tell them, the go so soon or why are you waiting until then... it is like come on people we love PV and if i had a private jet at my disposal it would be every month for a long weekend, or every three months for a week or ten days...

but we definitely need to get down there and get our mental attitudes checked out for sure... :wink: :lol: 8)