No Senor

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master
No Senor

Post by kcowan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:20 pm

Do not go to Si Senor - standard margs are 96 pesos

See more details on JRs board

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:26 pm

Well, I didn't have any margaritas while I was there but their Poblano Shrimp was absolutely wonderful!! And the service and atmosphere was wonderful too.

I wouldn't let the price of margaritas be the only thing that kept me from eating some place. True, it's a bit pricier than say Pipi's but in my opinion it's not on the same level or class of restaurant as Pipi's either. I like them both, they're just very different restaurants.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Margs

Post by Jennybean » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:44 am

I don't think he was comparing them to Pipi's, or their margs.

I think the point was being made that in a town where a standard margarita (ie: not a giant margarita, not a fishbowl, but just your regular standard size marg) all around the bay generally runs between 30 and 60 pesos for the most part even at the high end restaurants, 96 pesos does seem a bit steep.

I'm sure the food is fine - but I'd have to say seeing that price point makes me glad I drink vodka. :lol:

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Almost $10!

Post by pdxbuff » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:26 am

Big rip-off IMO. The property must have an excess in expenses to charge those prices. A good Mexican restaurant/bar in the USA would dry up charging those prices. Margaritas should be a loss leader.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:08 pm

We objected to the drink prices not being on the menu. This is grounds for a complaint to the Profeco.

We hated the loud noise in a confined space.

The food we ordered was mediocre.

There are better choices for both price and quality.

We had high hopes because the location and setting are both very nice. Our friend from Sayulita was not impressed with our choice.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:22 pm

Here again it is choices choices choices... Si Senor's is still a great spot for us. The Owner Martin, his Brother Lalo, his Brother in Law Raul, and his Partner Javier have always treated us great and have become very close personal friends of ours. Martin and his Partner Javier also own the Blue Shrimp and are doing all the remodelling to the old Pau Pau resturant down on the beach area by Burro's Bar, Daquri Dick's area...

To Lorrie and me, this will always be a stop for us when we are in town...

But again, this is our opinion versus yours... I know that every person that i have taken to this establishment over the last couple of years have fell in love with it... and this year we took Fred and Sandy, and two other couples Tom and Jo and their friends from New Hampshire that were staying out at the Marival, and they were very impressed...

jmho