Panarama Restaurant

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

alsgal
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Panarama Restaurant

Post by alsgal » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:59 am

We haven't been to PV since our honeymoon 10 years ago! Finally, we're going back for our anniversary in October. Way back then we went to a beautiful restaurant at the top of a hill I believe was called The Panorama. It was behind the Church up in the hills with a gorgeous view of the bay. Does this restaurant still exist? :D

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:29 am

I haven't eaten there in years but they are still getting reviews in several internet venues so I think it is safe to say they are still open.

Looks like they are getting great reviews, I think I will go back again myself.

You can read for yourself if you google El Panorama Puerto Vallarta.

alsgal
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by alsgal » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:01 pm

Thanks for great news - we're looking forward to eating there again! I'll definitely google - thanks for the tip!!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:31 pm

As far as we know it is till good, haven't been there in a while... been making the tasting circuit... check out one new one, and one old one in the resturants just to keep the taste buds going... then we always hit the regular haunts we always enjoy.... have a great time....

sandi.g
PV Fan
PV Fan

El Panorama

Post by sandi.g » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:54 am

IT is WONDERFUL! I discovered it quite by accident and fell in love with it! Be sure to go at sunset! Then order the El Panorama coffee. They turn off all the lights in the restaurant and make a beautiful blue fire waterfall (coffee Liquor) into your cup! The food is good, but the ambiance is what to go there for! Now it is a MUST dinner every trip we get there- which is at LEAST once a year!

alsgal
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by alsgal » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:01 pm

I'm so excited this restaurant is still there - the ambiance was so romantic 10 years ago & the stolling musicians sang at our table. Just a perfect evening!! We'll definitely go at susnet & ask for a table on the rooftop! I appreciate all the feedback! 7 weeks to go!!

modocdave
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

El Panorama

Post by modocdave » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:11 pm

Hi all
Sorry to break the bad news. I just received a reply to my reservation from El Panorama, that the terrace is closed till November, Due to rainy season.
Boo Hoo!!!! :cry: :cry:

alsgal
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by alsgal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:35 pm

Man!!!! Talk about bad news!! I was so planning that night in my head - it was beautiful - especially out on the terrace!! Plan B I guess - not sure what that is yet, but I know there will be one. Thanks for the info - better that I know now then when I get there.
alsgal

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:27 am

alsgal wrote:Man!!!! Talk about bad news!! I was so planning that night in my head - it was beautiful - especially out on the terrace!! Plan B I guess - not sure what that is yet, but I know there will be one. Thanks for the info - better that I know now then when I get there.
alsgal
It shouldn't matter so much if the Terrace is closed. There are still 3 other floors with sensational views.