Teatro Limon

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
Teatro Limon

Post by ellen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:12 pm

I'm sorry I'm so tardy at getting to this subject. A couple of Fridays ago I went to Bruce's new place with 2 friends and it was wonderful. The food was great, well prepared and well priced and the location is very charming. Good on ya, Bruce!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:29 pm

Thanks Ellen, we have been talking with Bruce a lot lately, as well as promoting his place as well. All the BB's are putting out high praises about his new place, and especially since it is so close to the GCP.... the menues have looked wonderful, the pictures on his website are great too... Libby on TA put an excellent post on bruce's as well...

see you in 9 days ... 9 days... until paradise...

poppy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Reservations required at Teatro Limon

Post by poppy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:03 pm

Just so you don't get turned away at the door...Bruce's new place has become very popular very quickly and last Saturday he had no room to take more guests. Bruce was gracious as always (offered to buy my friends a glass of wine), but I suggest you call ahead so you are not disappointed.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:08 pm

Great to hear, really! After seeing all the hard work Bruce put into it all I could do was wish it'd be a success, and to be honest, I wasn't too impressed with the location before they'd finished the restaurant, mainly the street access and being so out of the main streets. That, of course (now I know), is no problem if you do everything else well, plus, I am not a businessman so what would I know! :-)

I really am very happy for Bruce and his wife and we'll keep backing him up as well as we can.

Regards

Mogens

tojol57

website

Post by tojol57 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:06 pm

http://www.teatrolimon.com/

make sure you go out and check on bruce's website.. register with him and darryl to visit out there as well.... lots of great pictures of his restaurant and menues etc...

see you soon bruce....

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

new menu now posted

Post by teatrolimon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:23 am

please note the rise in beef
i have to raise the price according to what im being charged

better yet have the chefs table where i come and sit with you and your guests and create a custom menu right out of the blue

and yes i have lobster now too

for all of you theat have been private messaging me thanks for your suport

ellen grab rene and make a reservation with her ok

i owe her one lol

bruce

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:01 am

please note the rise in beef
i have to raise the price according to what im being charged
IS THAT DUE TO SOME MILLIONES OF RECALLED BEEF IN USA

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re: new menu now posted

Post by teduardo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:37 am

teatrolimon wrote:and yes i have lobster now too
I was just on the phone with Bruce, and this pleases me to no end, his lobster tails are some of the best I've had. Can't wait!

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Chef Bruce

Post by smitty » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:16 am

I hope your success continues Bruce - very nice website Winterpegman .

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:30 pm

It's not even the "real" site! But thanks! I just put that up until I have time to build something more appropriate. It's a place-holder for now....that hopefully still gives folks enough information in the meantime. I'm building one for Bruce's former restaurant as well - now called Bruce's Back Alley (no "bistro"), and that should be up in a week or two.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:42 am

Fred and I and our friends Brad and Pam who are staying with us this week had an amazing gourmet experience at Teatro Limon a few days ago. Wow was the food ever amazing and its true what they say, you eat with your eyes first. The plates that were set in front of us were beautiful to look at and when the first bite passed our lips ... well the food was every bit as savoury as it looked. Delicious and we hope we can make it back one more time before we leave. Will post some pictures when I get home.

Joyce

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

experience

Post by teatrolimon » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:52 pm

fred

your wife is absolutley a hoot to cook for i hope you had fun fred it was nice to have you guys in our home

bruce

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:38 am

Dave and I and our friends from home were at Teatro Limon tonight. We all had the chef's special, which included a salad, a huge plate of jumbo shrimp, a stuffed crab each, our main course and a dessert for $40.00 each. It was excellent and our steaks were "melt in the mouth" filet mignons.

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:23 pm

forty dlls
forty pesos
??????????????

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:42 pm

40 dollars chico...for a 5 course meal. You honestly had trouble deciding which it was? Stuffed crab appetizers and filet mignon (USA, not shoe leather)...Like you'd find that for 4 dollars ?? :roll:

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

not usa

Post by teatrolimon » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:30 pm

the fillet mignon is canadian and at the rate the prices are going it might not be on the menu for long

daryl go to the store and let me know what the price you woud pay for

certified angus brand filet mignon

and then times it by 2

thats what i pay here for the meat then i clean it after dry ageing

well get the drift

bruce

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:28 am

certified Angus
As a Western Canadian raised on a farm and seeing massive herds of cattle all over Sask and Alta, I have to admit I have seen very few of them Angus cattle (whether they be the red or black variety of the breed, but I do see a high proportion of Hereford and Charlais.

So I'm figuring there are a bunch of guys up here named Angus that are certifying a lot of meat as Beef certified by Angus. Of course another option is that thousands of young 4H'ers named their pet calves Angus and finally had to sell them. That's not suggesting that good old barley and oat grain fed beef isn't extremely tasty, (except on holsteins) as compared to some found in other locales. And good beef prepared to perfection can be quite expensive here too.. I notice that 2 mamas are priced at $ 4 here. Cheese extra.

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

a good informative read

Post by teatrolimon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:36 pm

http://www.betterbeef.ca/english/produc ... /body.html

this site above can allow our forum mebers to better understand beef in general and the the efforts certain people in the business are taking in order to bring the consumer a better product

whether you are a consumer on hollidays or a consumer at home

im trying to bring at least a product that people can be happy with instead of chewing rubber

a lot of people dont know that " CERTIFIED ANGUS (BRAND ) " IS ONLY A BRAND NAME

we have a lot of consumer that are easily confused with the brand and the cattle in itself

whether you like beef or not you can view the top link and also look into the link from the usa where the brand name all started

it will at least inform you about what cuts of beef you can choose for your table

bruce

winterpegman

Re: not usa

Post by winterpegman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:57 pm

teatrolimon wrote:the fillet mignon is canadian and at the rate the prices are going it might not be on the menu for long

daryl go to the store and let me know what the price you would pay for

certified angus brand filet mignon

and then times it by 2

thats what i pay here for the meat then i clean it after dry ageing

well get the drift

bruce
Sorry...I thought it was American. Regardless, I can't see myself running out to find out the price, only to answer Chico's dumb question further! Realistically Bruce, it's no one's business what your specific costs are for the food. People are not paying you for the meat alone, they're paying for the ambiance, your sweet personality (ha-ha), the decor, the food preparation, labour, etc. etc. etc.

If one thinks that the prices a restaurant charges should be based on the food costs alone, then they best be staying at home.

Further, if ANYONE thinks that 350-400 pesos for a 5 course meal is too much, they too should stay home.

It's as simple as that.

See, I get to answer with a bit of an "edge", because it's not my restaurant..nor do I have any interest in it, beyond wanting my friend to succeed!

That IS the reality though...Bruce you are under NO obligation to explain why you charge what you do, and since this isn't the first time you've attempted to do so, obviously it's not working (at least with Chico anyway).

Do what ya do best, cook up a storm and make people happy. Forget the "Restaurant Accounting 101".

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:01 pm

only to answer Chico's dumb question
just clarifying that dollar sign $$
means the dollar value
as well as the pesos value