beer that tastes like bud

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Pumba
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
beer that tastes like bud

Post by Pumba » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:55 pm

My husband drinks bud or bud light and would like to know if someone could suggest which beer tastes closes to it .Thanks

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:28 pm

there are so many great mexican beers! i bet if he tries a couple he'll find a new favorite of his own. i have seen a previous forum on favorite mexican beers and i think it described what type they were, etc. i suggest you take a trip through the forums....great info.!

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:12 pm

i just got soem info that Bruce's Back Alley Bistro will get the Bud beer and can have it for you in 24 hours!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:49 pm

There are so many great beers in Vallarta and all over Mexico that if you are stuck on the A/B - Budweiser and Bud Light beers you can still find them at some of the "major" market areas. Now if you want an honest opinion for something comparable - Modelo and Modelo Light is what i would recommend for that die hard Bud man. Now granted you could swallow Corona and the new Corona Lite, but why do that, have a glass of ice water instead. With all the great beers of the world to try and taste, why settle for the old standby. You are in Mexico on vacation, why stick to your American ways. You just as well as go to the Outback Steakhouse every night then as well. but then again that is jmho.

8) Tom aka mr. crown

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

An interesting note

Post by howard_jax » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:01 am

The parent company of Corona, Grupo Modelo has 35.5% of its shares owned by A/B for many years. Grupo Modelo has the sole distribution in Mexico, for the US A/B brands. The Grupo Modelo brands are Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Victoria, Negra Modelo, Pacifico, Estrella, León and Montejo.

susan p
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by susan p » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:50 pm

Modelo
Corona
Sol

are all light colored light tasting Mexican beers
________
Breakup advice forum
Last edited by susan p on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

hoolia
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

My opinion only

Post by hoolia » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:38 pm

My husband drinks Miller Lite, I drink Bud Light, while in Mexico we both drink Pacifico, hummmmm delicious with a lime in mine.

titustitans
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by titustitans » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:51 pm

I would have to also suggest Pacifico for a Bud Drinker. My friend is a big Bud fan, and tends to enjoy Pacifico or Tecate. Corona just does not do it for him.

sdonn1020
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: beer that tastes like bud

Post by sdonn1020 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:25 pm

Pumba wrote:My husband drinks bud or bud light and would like to know if someone could suggest which beer tastes closes to it .Thanks
SOL

tojol57

Cervesa con ascetunas

Post by tojol57 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:03 am

Now for me when i am in Vallarta, i will drink Dox XX with a lime, i will drink Modelo Negro straight up, or Bahemia (sp?)... i do like my Sol with olives. Beer-tinis. but i will start at on one end of the spectrum to the other. light, dark, lager, amber... what ever sounds good that night. and if all else fails, then it is Appleton Estates V/X Rum and Coca Dieta.

have a few for me....

8) Tom aka mr Crown

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:23 am

Friday night is beer and pizza night. My choice of beer is a bud.
Budweiser adds one extra ingredient to their beer besides the usual hops and barley etc.
Rice is Budweisers special ingredient.

In Mexico we accept what ever beer is offered along as it is cold.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:05 pm

I thought it had something to do with the Clydesdales... YIKES did i say that outloud... HA HA HA

Just teasing... and i like Guinnes Stout at room temperature like you are suppose to drink it.... but only one... after that it feels like a whole big loaf of bread begins to grow...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8) tom aka mr crown 8)

joboblaw
PV Fan
PV Fan

Beer!!

Post by joboblaw » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:24 pm

We noticed that Bud was being sold in some of the liquor stores, but didn't bother looking for price as we were extremely happy with Corona, Sol, Pacifico...all very good

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:32 pm

I'm from St. Louis, home of Anheiser-Busch, and you could not get me to drink that crap if that was the only beer avalible. I can't tell you the last time I had any A-B brews. There are so many really great beers made in Mexico, that you shouldn't even try to chose one that resembles your favorite at home brew. Try them all, and what the hell, if you don't really like one of them, you're only out a little over a buck.

wolfdog
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by wolfdog » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:23 am

When I'm there in October, I hope I can find something like my beloved Samuel Adams. Tasty!

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:50 am

chuck wrote:I'm from St. Louis, home of Anheiser-Busch, and you could not get me to drink that crap if that was the only beer avalible. I can't tell you the last time I had any A-B brews. There are so many really great beers made in Mexico, that you shouldn't even try to chose one that resembles your favorite at home brew. Try them all, and what the hell, if you don't really like one of them, you're only out a little over a buck.
Man you have a way with words. :lol: And so true.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:56 am

DELETED

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:10 pm

Chuck and Ozzy, you two are going to have WAY too much fun in PV that is for sure. Have an Indio for me or a nice cervesa con ascetunas (Sol with Olives) ... and that is Sol the Beer guys... not Sol our wonderful waitress around the pool... :wink: :roll: :twisted:

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:42 pm

I know Sol gets thumbs down from some folks, but I find it very enjoyable ice cold on a hot humid day in PV. It also holds a special place for me for during our second stay in PV at the GCP, Jan 2000 the Sol girls showed up one day poolside (all super-fine young chicas in super small white and yellow bikinis). We had several contests and I won several Milimium Sol bandanas for answering the question, "What Mexican state are we in and what is it's capital". Now those bandanas have been my uniform for tequila volley ball every trip we have made back to the GCP. This time will be no exception.

rosie

Post by rosie » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:32 pm

Sol beer definitely