Bruce's Back Alley

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

svnr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Bruce's Back Alley

Post by svnr » Mon May 08, 2006 2:12 am

Bruce

I've seen several of your posts, tell us asbout your restaurant, food style, price range, location.

Al

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Mon May 08, 2006 3:36 am

You can find most of the information you are asking for at his website
http://www.brucesbackalleybistro.com

You can also find some pictures here Bruce's that I took last Sunday.

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Mon May 08, 2006 4:05 am

Wow, was the food as good as it looked? YUM!!

jj

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Mon May 08, 2006 6:29 am

Unfortunately, no the food was not as good as it looked. Needless to say with all the great reviews I had read I was a little disappointed. I am sure though that it was just an off night as Bruce himself was not there. I will not write this restuarant off. I will give it another try next time I am in PV and hopefully have a better experience.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon May 08, 2006 6:47 am

Unfortunately this is not the first time I have heard the same report that when Bruce is not there the resturant is not up to par. One would think the chef could prepare the same quality food when Bruce was not there. Everyone needs a day of sometime.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Mon May 08, 2006 8:01 am

I'm sure he'll read this, and have a chat with his staff. Sorry to hear you were disappointed.

pop&fresh

meeting with staff

Post by pop&fresh » Mon May 08, 2006 3:29 pm

just did it
made them all be here at 8 30 amm
to prepare one of everything on the menu

they failed me and have 3 days to fix it

unfortunately the laws hre in mexico dont allow me tio fire someone for that reason

becauswe after 9 monthsd you would figure that someone youve tought personally to stick up to par

palapa gal please tell me ho0w many pepole where in your party and if you cn remmebr tell me what you had to eat and drinkm please so i can personally get to the point andf prove to my man in the kitchen the reason why i get a littl pissed off

thank you welll in advance

sincerely bruce

pop&fresh

katnsocal°°°

Post by pop&fresh » Mon May 08, 2006 3:31 pm

pleasse go rewd all posts by me and then tell me if you think all my posts refer too,,,, or always advertise my place

if not i think an apology would be in order thank you+{

titustitans
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by titustitans » Mon May 08, 2006 3:32 pm

Bruce was there Friday, and I would have to say that the food that night was BETTER than the pictures! I would also add, that one item not pictured is his burger which we never tasted, but looked amazing! We would have tried it the next day, but we honestly didn't think we were hungry enough! :D

p.s. Thanks Bruce for an outstanding 40th Birthday! Congrats too on your engagement.

pop&fresh

apology

Post by pop&fresh » Mon May 08, 2006 4:02 pm

i apologise if my las posts make me seem as if im angry or pissed off

i should have private messaged them instead

sincerely bruce

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

employee

Post by chico98 » Mon May 08, 2006 4:12 pm

bruce

when the owner of a business is not presence
they do it their way
as i was in the meat business
and had complaints becuase i was not around at the time
had to keep the butchers on their toes all the time
even after working for me for more than fifteen years
it was tough
as i had to do it all
buy sell collect keeping up with new suppliers and their quality

had great time

chico

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Mon May 08, 2006 9:01 pm

Bruce

I just sent you a PM.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: katnsocal°°°

Post by katnsocal » Mon May 08, 2006 10:44 pm

pop&fresh wrote:pleasse go rewd all posts by me and then tell me if you think all my posts refer too,,,, or always advertise my place

if not i think an apology would be in order thank you+{
Bruce, I owe you no apology. Anyone who promotes their business on a website using their own name and then uses a second identity to recommend it also is advertising their "place". Please do me a favor and do not send me any more of your sarcastic PM unless you want to keep burying yourself.

pop&fresh

wow2!°

Post by pop&fresh » Mon May 08, 2006 10:54 pm

this lady reminds me of another lady from the other board

just as onesided lol

just my opinion

and what is my second identity?

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Mon May 08, 2006 10:55 pm

Okay...time to bury the hatchet and move on...nothing is accomplished by "potshots" at each other... Take it outside! (The board that is)

pop&fresh

SMART

Post by pop&fresh » Mon May 08, 2006 11:05 pm

paranoi and being a smartass are two different things

i have a memory like a hawk

i dont forget when people maliciously devalue another persons integrity or honor

simply stated that you and another particular individual are yakking alitlle too much to stir this pot

go have fun at another persons expense and not mine
both of you

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Keep Going

Post by Jennybean » Mon May 08, 2006 11:12 pm

Keep digging Brucie.

Don't think I don't know you're talking about me in your references? Remember, I have more than half a brain, and a very LONG memory. I thought the issues between you and I were dead and buried - you asked for us to walk away from it and so I did...I buried it and left it alone but apparently you still have niggling issues so you need to make veiled references to me in this post. Get over yourself, and if you want to take anymore potshots, do it in PM, got it??? Don't go crapping needlessly all over yet another board.

Kat is a LONG TIME business owner in PV, and doesn't need me to defend her, nor tell her how to post. She has probably forgotten a helluva lot more about how to successfully run a business in PV than you would have ever known in the first place - so if you have a scrap with her, scrap it out with her and you can leave me the hell out of it!

I'm sick and tired of your "victim" stance - you and I both know you're on thin ice there and don't have a leg to stand on considering your own history, so why don't you lay off and go back to the kitchen and quit starting fights with people.

pop&fresh

lol

Post by pop&fresh » Mon May 08, 2006 11:18 pm

good idea winterpeg

idont know why jenny would be thinking that i was refering to her

maybe she read into it a different way

not anothewr thing said promise

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Mon May 08, 2006 11:39 pm

Okay..this is the official end to this thread, without me locking it. If the thread continues to degrade, it will be locked.

First, Kat and Bruce...you are both business owners, and do BOTH of yourselves a disservice by publicly arguing over "whatever". Use your heads here...Is getting the last word in on one or more bulletin board(s) worth tarnishing your respective businesses reputation? I doubt it.

Second - I'm not aware of Bruce ever posting here under a second name...He's always been "PopnFresh" to my knowledge. He does indeed on occasion talk in the third person, but that is not the same thing. I've already stated my opinion on it...yes it's a little "odd", but I don't believe the intent is to deceive, rather just posting like an advertisement you might see on TV. Again, I DO think it's odd...but that's about it.

Jenny...Bruce did not say anywhere that his post was referencing you. I have NO idea whether he was or not, but your post is out of line...take it to PM, or forget it completely please.

Bruce - You're getting WAY too wrapped up in what others think / say about you...let it go, you're not gaining any customers by ragging out someone...whether you are right, or wrong.

This bulletin board will not be used as a vehicle for airing dirty laundry, or having public fights, as long as I'm one of the moderators of it. There are enough boards already doing so.

Now, here's how we'll continue along...you'll ALL take a deep breath, realize that MOST people reading this thread have NO idea what you're talking about, and nor do they care what you're talking about.

No more bashing of each other, I have no other nice way of saying it.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue May 09, 2006 2:27 am

Darryl,
You have spoken, fine, but delete the PM that he FIRST SENT to me and MY REPLY to him as it was just that, A PRIVATE MESSAGE and should not have been posted by Bruce for public viewing on this board. A rather childish move on his part, but I went by the RULES and replied to his PM to me in a PM and not on the board. My only reference to his PM publically was to request that he not send me any more, I did not post it to continue fighting publically.

You as the moderator who spoke to the issue have the ability to delete his public viewing of his dirty laundry.