Bernardo's Cafe

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

LFS517
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Bernardo's Cafe

Post by LFS517 » Thu May 18, 2006 7:01 pm

Does anyone know if Bernardo's Cafe in Nuevo Vallarta has re-opened? It used to be just south of, and right next to, the Marival. When we stayed at the Marival a couple of times, we loved to go to Bernardo's (coconut shrimp to die for) and the cold bottles of Pacifico were a nice change from the Sol beer on tap at the Marival. Last year we stayed at the Riu Jalisco and took a cab to Bernardo's, only to find it closed (I cried). Please respond if you know anything about Bernardo's as we are planning another trip to PV later this year. Thank you!

babysteps
PV Fan
PV Fan

yes it's open!

Post by babysteps » Fri May 19, 2006 2:44 am

I went to Bernardo's last month and it was open. I didn't hear that they would be closing any time soon.

tgammon
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tgammon » Fri May 19, 2006 3:16 pm

Bernardo's had moved to Bucerias for a couple of years (only opened for lunch at the Nuevo address due to problems with some renovations needed after the hurricane that his insurance company didn't want to pay for...but he finally got everything worked out and reopened last October for dinner...as far as I know he is still open, however during the slower times of the year it can be hit or miss. He is usually there himself between October and March...might be one of his other cooks during May thru September...

You could email him to find out...

bernardo@pvnet.com.mx

Hope that helps...

TAG