US Airline

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God
US Airline

Post by travelbug_jp » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:50 am

We are now in the process of trying to book our flights to PV and because I am arriving alone, Fred and the kids are coming 4 weeks later, the kids go home after 1 week and then Fred and I are going home together its all getting a little confusing and frustrating.
So far the most economical seems to be Winnipeg to Minneapolis and then from Minneapolis to PV and the airline from Minneapolis is NorthWest. My question is what kind of airline are they, I mean what is the service like, seating/leg room, safety concerns regarding aircraft maintenance, etc. What have your experiences been flying with this airline? Thanks

Joyce

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:05 pm

Hi Joyce! It has been many, many years since I flew Northwest but I never experienced any difficulties with them. I remember the service being really good and I used to know some of the ground staff in Winnipeg and they were great. I'm sure you won't have any issues. See you in March!!

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Airlines

Post by Jennybean » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:43 pm

I've flown Northwest a couple of times. They're ok by regular airline standards, although I bet the likelihood is you'll be flying their codeshare partner, Continental, as I've never ever seen a NW plane in PV in my eight years of going there.

If you're used to the cramped legroom of a Cdn charter this will be like heaven for you. Which is why I don't fly charters anymore. That and the absolutely ridiculous taxes! lol

You might also want to look at flights via other US cities, such as Chicago or Salt Lake City, or even Denver. Even consider further south like Dallas or Phoenix, even LA. Don't limit yourself to just Minneapolis because it's closer - you might be surprised and find a better deal. The other thing I'll recommend to knock some pesos off your flight is consider flying midweek if you have that option. Always cheaper than flying on a weekend or a Friday.

I'll also recommend that you read the Northwest Airlines website thoroughly, as a few things have changed recently - that much I do know.

sonofdob
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sonofdob » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:08 pm

NWA flies that route with their own aircraft...not a bad airline, nice service...sonofdob

sartoken
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by sartoken » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:37 pm

Try pricing out of Grand Forks (GFK), or Thief River Falls (TVF) on Expedia & Travelocity. We're from Steinbach and usually fly out of Grand Forks. Find that it is about $300 cheaper.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:51 am

Okay thanks everyone. Sartoken I do not want to drive to Grand Forks so that part is out, check your PM. Jennybean the flights we have been checking, one of them has a layover in Denver, don't really mind that its only an hour and a half layover and would still get to PV by mid afternoon. But will certainly check out the other cities as well, and I am travelling down on a thursday so that should cut the cost like you said. Fred and the kids are coming on the weekend. Northmb, we leave PV on March 3, when are you going again? Sonofdob ( I had trouble typing that one!) thanks for that.

Joyce

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:00 pm

Joyce: Go to www.seatguru.com. There is quite a bit about many airlines seating and some other stuff. There are also a couple of other sites that give passenger reviews of various airlines, but since my bookmarks have mysteriously disappeared, I can't tell you those. Maybe a google search of "airline reviews" would work. Take care and have fun. Chuck... 8)

ps: I found one: http://www.airlinequality.com/
Last edited by charlieb on Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

NorthWest Info

Post by smitty » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:07 pm

Hi Joyce , you will probably need a drink or two , maybe some peanuts or a pillow on your upcoming flight . Here's a heads up on how to identify those elusive Air Stewardesses. :)

http://www.uniformfreak.com/indexnav/indexnav1a.html

welovepv
PV Master
PV Master

Post by welovepv » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:22 pm

Well, Smitty....I just flew United and someone needs to tell the flight crew the uniforms have changed. I saw nothing as cute as what they're to be wearing!!!!