Roxy

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

shorty
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Roxy

Post by shorty » Fri Oct 26, 2001 3:05 am

Can someone tell me how to get to the Roxy? I keep hearing such great things about this place. My fave club has always been Cactus, but it sounds like I've been missing out. What's Roxy got that the others don't? Details, por favor...

montyjam
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Roxy

Post by montyjam » Fri Oct 26, 2001 4:27 pm

I'm watching this board too for information on The Roxy. JR, do you have any input?

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Fri Oct 26, 2001 5:45 pm

I'm not JR, but I can help; this is one of, if not my favorite, bars.

Club Roxy is on Ig. Vallarta, on the opposite side of the street from Senor Frogs & El Torito. If you are coming from Cactus, just keep walking towards the Malecon on that side of the street - you've probably passed it & not even known you did. About a 1/2 block down from the Frog & there is a small white sign hanging over the doorway, and someone usually standing in the doorway to usher you in. Windows open onto the street, with a railing to stand against. It's dark and intimate, with a good sized dance floor.

The buzz on the Roxy is all true - very reasonably priced cold drinks, no cover, great house band that plays a mix of older rock n' roll, new rock n' roll, and some local latin flare thrown in.....very easy to dance to. It's the locale the local and international musicians go to when in town, and I've heard rumours in the past Carlos Santana has shown up & jammed with the band.

JRinPV

Post by JRinPV » Fri Oct 26, 2001 7:11 pm

OK, Specificaly it's on Ignacio Vallarta between Madero and Cardanas, on the East side of the street.
Opens at 10PM but not much action till 11PM. House band every night 'cept Sunday when another band fills in.
25 pesos beer - but no cover.
see map at
http://vallarta-info.com/south.html

montyjam
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by montyjam » Fri Oct 26, 2001 7:44 pm

Thanks JR and Jenny. I knew you would have the scoop on the Roxy. Can't wait to check it out!