New to site, new to Puerto Vallarta

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Sheree21x
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
New to site, new to Puerto Vallarta

Post by Sheree21x » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:42 pm

Hi everyone, been looking at this site for the last few months, me and my bf are visiting Las Palmas by the Sea for 2 week, we go on the 16th Sept!
I just wanna say ive loved reading all the things here about PV and have found it a very informing and interesting site you guys have going!

Just wondering if anyone has been to las palmas by the sea, and what they thought of it!

Also were a young couple so was hoping someone could advise us of some good night spots! And reccomend some daytime fun activities in sept?

Hope to spk to you all soon
Sheree

tojol57

Night life

Post by tojol57 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:00 pm

Just head down to the malecon (the boardwalk)... and put your nose to the air, and your hand to your ear... if you smell someting good coming out of a resturant, slip on in, if you hear some music that gets your toes a tapping, then jump on in and dance your heart away that night.... there are so many wonderful resturants and clubs to hang out at....

Clubs, bars and discos - Christine's, Club 69, Andale's, Hilo's, Collage, etc ....

Depending on what you are hungry for there are so many places with all kinds of price ranges too, as well as for sunsets, romance, etc...

have a great time... glad you enjoyed the website and format... there are some really helpful people that love Vallarta and want everybody to be happy....

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:49 am

Hi Sheree
Welcome to the board.
We have been to the Las Palmas Resort 2 times.
What I like about this Resort is that it is small.
You do not get the meal variety that you would at a large Resort where buffets run for ever but the meals were good..The service was good.. Rooms were clean and the staff friendly and helpful.
If you need anything at all during your stay I would suggest seeing Miguel..(Head waiter). He will do all he can to help you.
The Resort is set back from the main drag so it is quiet.
You are in walking distance to many neat shops.
The entertainment staff are enthusiastic and a few of the evening shows are fun. Try to be at the Resort for Fiesta night.
If you and your bf want to go out to the clubs in downtown PV the entertainment staff will take there and bring you back to the Resort. They do not leave until 11pm though so a late night out....I think the young folks can choose and plan where they want to go. You probably will meet another couple or 2 that you may want to hang out with and share a cab when you go out clubbing.
I think the one thing that stands out to me most about the LP is the friendly fellow travelers.
I see you are from England. Our first time at LP there were many travelers from England Holland US and Can.
Friendships can form very fast at the Las Palmas.
Safe trip and enjoy you will love PV. :)
Please do a trip report when you return..
On this board there is a thread with a few Las Palmas trip reports on it.

Sheree21x
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Sheree21x » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:26 am

hi guys,

thanks very much, it sounds like we have picked a good hotel! we will be checking out the reccommended bars for sure!

Just one question, you said about cabs? does that mean we are a fair distance from the night scene? or is it in walking distance too?

Im looking forward to meeting lots of fun friendly folk there! and ill deffinately let you know what we got up to when we return!

again thanks guys!
sheree
x

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:51 am

Quote:
Just one question, you said about cabs? does that mean we are a fair distance from the night scene? or is it in walking distance too?

Sheree the clubs and downtown area of Puerto Vallarta are a long walk from the Las Palmas.
Cabs are in the front court yard day and night.
The rates are very reasonable . Negotiate before you get in.
I think everyone on the board will agree...just for the fun of it ..hop on a bus or 2. :) Part of the Mexican experience.
Just curious Sheree were you able to book your vacation through a travel company..I know First Choice used to do Las Palmas ....did they pick it up again.
Thanks

Sheree21x
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Sheree21x » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:06 am

hi guys,

yes we booked it through going places and it is first choice!

weve heard about the busses from a friend who has been, he said the same, its an experience not to miss! well, 5 days to go! im counting down guys lol! im so excited hehe! x

sheree21x