Hand me Ups International Helping Hand Tour is Coming!

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

burchern
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Hand me Ups International Helping Hand Tour is Coming!

Post by burchern » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Hand me Ups International Helping Hand Tour is dedicated to raising $7,500 USD by January 1st, 2012 in order to enhance the PEACE community center! The PEACE community center offers alternative schooling, after school programs, English classes, computer classes, an adult GED program, and job skills training. JOIN the movement and donate towards this much-needed cause today! Be sure to check out this awesome video about the project! http://www.handmeups.org/rehabilitate-a ... ity-center

The PEACE community center provides the necessary resources needed to conduct dynamic educational opportunities for children and adults by reducing and potentially eliminating the high drop-out rates while improving low test scores, low literacy rate, and low parent to child engagement.

What will we do with the $7,500?
The money you back us will cover costs associated with turning this community center into a state of the art and fully self-sustainable venture for the surrounding community to utilize, including the painting of the inside AND outside of the center, new desks, art tables, chairs, storage lockers, book shelves, and a whole list of supplies below…

Making the mark: Whiteboards, erasers, crayons, markers, colored pencils, regular pencils, pastels
Paints: Watercolors, tempera paint, acrylic paint
Three Dimensional: Dough, clay, toothpicks, popsicle sticks, wood
Printing: ink pad, ink toner, sponges, stamps, printing ink
Stick it together: White glue, liquid starch, fabric glue, wood glue
Tools: scissors, paintbrushes, hole punchers
Papers: Copy paper, construction paper, card stock, wax paper, colored tissue paper, coffee filters, roll of white paper
Technology: Digital cameras, headphones, lab materials & educational games for computers
Clothing: New uniforms for alternative school students
Physical Education: Sports equipment

Thank you for joining the movement and funding this project here! http://www.handmeups.org/rehabilitate-a ... ity-center

www.peacemexico.org

Wichita80
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Wichita80 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:49 am

It is good to see you are so much involved in charity and non-profit activities, since I want to really do something for the society, too, I am seriously thinking of joining the movement. I will get back to you once I am ready.