Looking For Clean Cheap Accomodations

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Andy W.
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Looking For Clean Cheap Accomodations

Post by Andy W. » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:08 pm

We're coming to PV in late Feb. for the first time and we're looking for recommendations for a clean, comfortable, reasonably priced hotel...preferably near or in the Old Town.
These ones seem in our price range...can anyone tell us which is best..or is there another we have missed?

Hotel Posada de Roger, El Pescador, Rosita, Flamingo Vallarta, Emperor Hotel & Suites

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

iyamscifi2
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by iyamscifi2 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:59 pm

we stayed at posada de roger but only for 1 night. the second floor rooms were brighter than the courtyard rooms. staff was friendly and helpful. rooms were basic, clean, not much in the way of nice towels. one thing that i thought was a little off was that the shower curtains in both our room and my friends did not reach the floor---hence water pours on your bathroom floor :roll: http://www.puertovallarta.net/accommoda ... .php?id=68

we went to see a room at the emprador suites---had kitchenette, nice view--didn't stay there tho
http://www.puertovallarta.net/accommoda ... .php?id=44

google these hotels and read the reviews at tripadvisor

Ann
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Ann » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:16 am

iyamscifi2 wrote:we stayed at posada de roger but only for 1 night. the second floor rooms were brighter than the courtyard rooms. staff was friendly and helpful. rooms were basic, clean, not much in the way of nice towels. one thing that i thought was a little off was that the shower curtains in both our room and my friends did not reach the floor---hence water pours on your bathroom floor :roll:

we went to see a room at the emprador suites---had kitchenette, nice view--didn't stay there tho

google these hotels and read the reviews at tripadvisor
Ditto on this. Prior to purchasing a home in Vallarta, I stayed at Posada De Roger for years. Nice family that owns the place and it's economical, close to the beach, clean and safe. I've also stayed at Hotel Yasmin a number of times which is just down the street, and it's good as well. I've also heard good things about the Belmar. Good luck :)

Posada de Roger: http://www.puertovallarta.net/accommoda ... .php?id=68
Belmar: http://www.puertovallarta.net/accommoda ... .php?id=48

Andy W.
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Andy W. » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Thanks so much for the recommendations folks...Most helpful indeed!

tmcgrath
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Clean Cheap Accommodations

Post by tmcgrath » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:25 am

Try Vallarta JR Suites on Aquiles Serdan, Romantic Zone. Contact Juan Manual DeAlba. They are right off, 1/2 block, the Malecon and have car rental and restaurant on site (Cuale Cafe). I just did 10 days there.

mykul
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by mykul » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:08 am

We were in Vallarta on two seperate occasions this past Fall and we stayed at two different hotels, both in the Romantic zone. The Tropicana wasn't quite a budget hotel but around 89 a night for an ocean view room on the main beach was a decent deal I thought. The room was clean and we enjoyed our stay.

Second time we stayed at Casa Dona Susana, which was about 50 dollars a night and had a great room and a nice rooftop pool. A couple of blocks up from the beach so no view but we would go back. And the staff were great.

LadyLin
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by LadyLin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:56 am

We've stayed at the Jasmin - room was decent, area was noisy, the Eloise -room was great, close to the beach, the Emperador, great bed, beach good, and spent at least a week of our time at the Tropicana each year. The beach and the view are both excellent, and its close to everything. This year we are trying the Posada de Roger for the first night, then heading out of town next day. Old town or the Romantic Zone is definitely the best area to be in to experience all that Puerto Vallarta has to offer.

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Sorry -Try This

Post by pdxbuff » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:12 am

johnhunt3055

Post by johnhunt3055 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:05 am

There are various cheap places you can found around here and there, i was searching for house on rent then I found out about this place. I must say that people are looking for cheap rent.

-www.holiday-villa-samui.com/

cbeepa1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Posada Roger

Post by cbeepa1 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:32 pm

We just returned from a great stay. Bathrooms and decor have been updated. Delightful staff. Terrific location.

biiiige
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by biiiige » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:35 am

Now Amber is just north of Canto Del Sol north of Now Amber is Secrets. It is walkable to the Malecon, but the area south of the Sheraton has no sidewalk. I think I would hop a bus.