NOW Amber Resort

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

RobR2
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
NOW Amber Resort

Post by RobR2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:12 pm

I just received an email about a new resort in PVR!
NOW Amber resort. Can anyone tell me where it is located?
It says walk to Malecon!!! Is this a new resort or just a new name?

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:29 pm

I don't know if it is new or not and I'm horrible with directions but it is in the hotel zone located north of the Fiesta Americana. I think it has a sister resort called Secrets and may be run by the same group that runs Dreams.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:32 am

Now Amber is just north of Canto Del Sol north of Now Amber is Secrets. It is walkable to the Malecon, but the area south of the Sheraton has no sidewalk. I think I would hop a bus.

David John
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by David John » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:40 pm

I've not had a chance to see this new resort yet. Hopefully, someone will post a photo. I'd be very interested in seeing the architectural detailing of the building. Some resorts look all too modern for my taste. Ideally, this resort will reflect more of the local culture and heritage in the style of the building.

islena
PV Fan
PV Fan

modern can be okay too

Post by islena » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:20 am

I'm interested in seeing if NOW Amber offers the friendly atmosphere of Dreams in a more accessible setting. For example: there are steep stairways from the hotel building down to the sand / beach at Dreams.
When I phoned NOW Amber, they said they have a ramp for beach access. For the aging traveler, a ramp can be easier to navigate than stairs. If I get to take a long around this spring, I'll try to take fotos.

Islena

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Both Now and Secrets share the same common grounds. It is between Canto del Sol and the skeleton hirise building. Not really walkable to anywhere except maybe Plaza Caraol.

It is a modern hirise building.

jennychavez
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by jennychavez » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Well, vibrant night life and challenging golf courses.