topless?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

gina
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
topless?

Post by gina » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:46 am

Are there any topless or nude beaches in PV? Do people lay out topless? Can you lay out topless at your hotel? Any info would help. Thanks!

tojol57

Re:topless?

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:38 pm

Traditionally Mexico does not condone this type of behavior. I know that at the Golden Crown Paradise (an adults only all inclusive) does't have too many topless bathing beauties. Now next door at the Crown Paradise Club Resort, will have a few of the Europeans go topless and that is the family all inclusive. Now in Nuevo Vallarta at the Hotel Sierra, they had a special area with some small walls to section off the beach area for topless bathers. Now some will say to head up to San Francisco or Salilito and find a private beach area up there for your recreational sun bathing. Mexico being mostly a Catholic state somewhat frown on this... Now if you want 24/7 nudity etc, you might want to try Hedo III in Jamaica... there are several resorts on that island that have "clothing optional" beaches and pools. I think there are even a couple along the Mayan Riviera on the East Coast of Mexico... but they are far and inbetween on this side of the country....

if you find some special places pass them along... if you get caught ... who were you again... LOL

love hugs and kisses from Iowa...

stew

Post by stew » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:46 pm

Back in my younger (& Trimer) days I hung out a a couple of French Islands in the Caribbean where nude was the norm. I never was real comfortable sunbathing in the nude, but would drop my trunks to swim. A marvelous experience. Now my wild & crazy GF of the time had no problem, showing all, coming home with a golden tan AL over her bod!

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:03 pm

I guess if you find your hideaway place to tan topless just be careful of the Sun.
Sunburn is very painful to the touch.
Could spoil a special vacation.

Weezie

Post by Weezie » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:30 pm

If you want topless go to the Dominican Republic. Most places allow topless at pool area and beach, but watch out for people with cameras.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:13 pm

So what's the big deal? I go topless all the time. Chuck :)

stew

Post by stew » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:20 am

CharlieB (Jun 30, 2005 07:13 p.m.):
So what's the big deal? I go topless all the time. Chuck :)

Thats what we are trying to stop Chuck! LOL

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:36 pm

well i do too CharlieB... but most people don't want to see my spare tire, my midlife bulge, or my fuel tank for well never mind... you have seen the t-shirts.... if you go to Jamaica, they have a lot of clothing optional beaches and pools.... and man o man to do you see a lot of shapes and sizes.... YIKES... lol

have a great day.... Happy 4th of July

gina
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by gina » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:20 pm

thanks all!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:29 pm

I agree with "Chuck" I went topless the entire week and no one said a thing. BTW I happen to be bigger than my wife, not bragging, just a fact.

stew

Post by stew » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:14 pm

Thursday a number of women protesting the war "Bared Their Breasts" at Union Square, San Francisco so go there!

susana

Post by susana » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:23 pm

If you want to sunbathe topless, you would be better off on the Caribbean side of Mexico like at Playa del Carmen. Or better yet one of the Caribbean islands of French history.

Mexico is a traditional and conservative country. It is illegal to be topless or nude on the public beaches.

Some resorts may turn their head in favor of tourist dollar, and on one single occasion I did see a French-speaking teenager topless at a hotel pool, it made quite a fuss and seemed inappropriate to the situation IMO.

If you get outside of town and manage to find a beach with few or no people on it, I'm guessing that would be OK.

susana

Post by susana » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:29 pm

If you want to sunbathe topless, you would be better off on the Caribbean side of Mexico like at Playa del Carmen. Or better yet one of the Caribbean islands of French history.

Mexico is a traditional and conservative country. It is illegal to be topless or nude on the public beaches.

Some resorts may turn their head in favor of tourist dollar, and on one single occasion I did see a French-speaking teenager topless at a hotel pool, it made quite a fuss and seemed inappropriate to the situation IMO.

If you get outside of town and manage to find a beach with few or no people on it, I'm guessing that would be OK.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:16 pm

"Chuck" is correct, I went topless the entire last week at the GPC and no one even noticed. BTW I am much bigger than my wife, no brag, just fact.

ben1

Post by ben1 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:54 pm

Mr and Mrs Crown are wrong it is considered accetable to go topless anywhere on the beach in The Mayan Riviera, there are no special places except for total nudity.