Bucerias ?

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mntonkatoy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Bucerias ?

Post by mntonkatoy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:39 pm

Any suggestions how to get from old town (PV) to Bucerias (which is about 10 miles north of the airport). Would a cab be reasonable ? Any hotels in Bucerias ?

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Bucerias

Post by Jennybean » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:19 pm

Taking the bus would be far more reasonable than a cab IMO (which I'm guessing could run you $20 or more). You could take one, but I find the bus a nicer ride - you see more.

Take the bus from the south side to in front of WalMart/Sams Club, and you want to board one of the buses that goes to Punta Mita (marked Punta Mita) on the windshield - there might also be buses marked "Bucerias" but I've always taken the Punta Mita bus as I know it passes right through Bucerias. You catch them at the northernmost bus stop in front of WalMart - there are generally people there who point you to the correct stop and bus. Let the driver know you want off at Bucerias (they do make a pit stop there) and voila.

I'm taking a roundabout guess on price of that bus to Bucerias to be between 10-15 pesos. The bus to WalMart is 4.5 pesos.

These are rudimentary directions, I know, so please bear with me...you want to catch the northbound bus to WalMart on Insurgentes, just be very careful that the window is marked "WalMart" or "Sams Club". That's the one you're looking for.

The Royal Decameron is just outside Bucerias, or are you thinking budget?

mntonkatoy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by mntonkatoy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:42 pm

Thanks Jennybean...a great help ! Hey, if I get lost I'll just see more sights ! :lol:

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:26 pm

I agree with Jennybean. A cab is definitely not reasonable. The price quoted to me was $25.00 while the bus ride from Sam's is 10 pesos. You can also pick up the Bucerias bus at the bus stop on Calle Francia in front of the HSBC.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Bucerias

Post by Jennybean » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:56 pm

You can also pick up the Bucerias bus at the bus stop on Calle Francia in front of the HSBC.
Oh, didn't know that...thanks Ellen, I'll keep that in mind for my next trip!

(see, even us know-it-alls still learn stuff LOL)

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: Bucerias

Post by ellen » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:56 pm

Jennybean wrote:
You can also pick up the Bucerias bus at the bus stop on Calle Francia in front of the HSBC.
Oh, didn't know that...thanks Ellen, I'll keep that in mind for my next trip!

(see, even us know-it-alls still learn stuff LOL)
You're welcome. Actually, it originates at a terminal on one of the back streets. Dave and I used to walk to pick it up there but it's just as easy to go to one of the stops along the way.