Star Bay Resort, Bucerias

Incidents, either bad or that could be improved in the city.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

nurselawyer
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Star Bay Resort, Bucerias

Post by nurselawyer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:39 am

We recently stayed at this hotel/timeshare. We were hotel guests. A warning is already posted at this site about the fraudulent timeshare sales. As far as the hotel goes, it definitely leaves a lot to be desired. We had no hot water in our shower for two days! We complained, were told it was fixed, but it wasn't. We thought that was dishonest. It comes with a kitchen. No bowls, no trash can, no dishwashing soap, cloth or brush. There is no elevator, and staff is scarce to carry luggage up the stairs. Two housekeepers cleaned the room while we were on the deck, talking so loudly it interrupted our relaxation. We would not stay there again. The ocean font view is lovely, but you can find another place with the same view and more integrity, and of course, hot water showers. Aggressive timeshare sales went on in the morning with a large staff and unsuspecting prospective customers.
Don't stay at the Star Bay Resort. For nearly $200 a night, you can do a lot better in this area.

sunshine311
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

I wonder?

Post by sunshine311 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Hmmm....Any chance this is Bayside with a new ID??? Just trying to test us??

If not, my apoligies to the poster.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:13 pm

It indeed does not appear to be the same person. Moving to "Complaints and Warnings" though...

hurricaneshecky
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by hurricaneshecky » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:35 pm

I don't post much here, mostly lurk and try and glean a little information if and when I can. I happen to know a few of the posters and know for a fact their input is genuine and truthful.

What puts me off is when somebody goes through the trouble to join the board, only posts once, and then only to smear a business or, worse the city. Honestly when I see posts like this I think the OP (much like poodle lady) is a chronic complainer. The maids were noisy, oh my...

The OP appears to have legitimate issues, but for me, loses all credibility by issuing a drive by smear and then dissappearing. I mean did anything go right, after all you did say you were relaxing.

lieberbub
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

we liked the Star Bay

Post by lieberbub » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:16 pm

We stayed at the Star Bay in Bucerias in August of 2007 (for 2 weeks)and we really enjoyed our time there. Our kitchen was well equiped, the maids were friendly (y silencio) and our 3 kids had a good time too.
I've been coming to the area for the last 6 years and I stayed at many different places, I liked it everywhere. (I guess I'm not spoiled)

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:54 pm

attitude is everything in this life..it will get you everything and at times get you nothing...i'm going to try and be pissed off the next time i have to carry my own bags, after all i own them, but somebody else should carry them....i'm going to go throw myself of a cliff now.