Transportation to Sayulita

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

luvsayulita
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Transportation to Sayulita

Post by luvsayulita » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:11 pm

Can anyone give me info on getting to Sayulita from PV and the cost? [help]

Thanks for the replies!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:12 pm

head for the bus stop in front of Wal-Mart - if you take the Green and White buses marked PV - Bucerias - Sayulita it will take you about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there for $20 pesos... Same price coming back... If you grab the bus that says PV - Bucerias - Punta Minta - Sayulita you will add an extra hour to your bus ride....

not sure what the taxis costs are... but the bus is a fun trip

have fun

Trev086
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Trev086 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:13 pm

My family took a cab. From the marina, it cost us 500 pesos--- took two cabs due to large number of people.

On the way back, We got a taxi, but it was a van. That cost us 900 pesos. We also threw in a tip due to the lost fares for the drive. I believe the drive was about 45-1 hour for the cab.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:00 am

WOW - $140 USD versus $4 USD... i would spend the extra time ejoying the country side and take the bus... just my thoughts... WOW....

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by chance » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:38 am

I think the math is a little off there 500 pesos does not equal 140 USD :oops:

Trev086
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Trev086 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:42 am

If you're looking at a per person rate, we had 8 people. Two cabs total at 500 pesos per cab on the way there. A van on the way home which cost 900 pesos, the rate for a full day there and back is about 24 bucks. Granted you can take a bus... Its not horrible. On another note, I think the rental rate per hour for a cab was about 200 pesos our hotel price board said. Always another option.

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:49 am

Tom was figuring round trip which is $140 USD as opposed to $4.00 RT. That is a big difference!!

tojol57

but still

Post by tojol57 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:40 am

if you really put a pencil to it, at $500 pesos per taxi, and then another 900 pesos for the van back, that 1900 pesos, or approx $200 USD, even at $25/pp, that is quite a bit of cash for an expedition to Sayulita, plus you still have food, drinks, etc on top of that... personally i still would take the bus for $4 USD and use my $20 USD for cervesa from the local tiendas, or pastries from the beach vendors, or tamales from the beach vendors... but each to their own....

lots of suggestions

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by chance » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:43 am

Why post I think I will give up the others seem to know it

Trev086
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Trev086 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:12 am

I guess my suggestion would be this. For my family, we were going to go to yelapa first, but that didnt go through. We were looking for a spur of the moment thing, and my parents and sister had gone to sayulita the year before and we decided to go. Spur of the moment trip, no quick information on bus arrival times etc, we decided on the cab. For a 21 year old college student, A bus is definetly the way to go. But since i wasn't paying, who was i to argue :?

Depending on ones mood, both are viable options. If you don't mind spending a little bit extra time on a bus for quite a price difference, i suggest the bus. I am having a hard time justifying a cab in my head to you, but i guess you get about 20-30 minutes less from the cab, and spend more.

You can also grab a cab to see the reaction on the face of the driver when he hears "sayulita por favor"

edit: Btw... Sayulita was a great time. I wish I could recall the name of the restaurant we ordered from because we had great food. It was a nice alternative to the hotel beach.

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:24 am

We went to Sayulita twice in two weeks and had a great time both trips. First time on the bus and second time with friends in her car. We had a great time kicking back and grazing on the beach. We sat in front of El Costenos and ate and drank our way through the day. I'm ready to go back!! JROJEFF are you ready to give surfing another shot? We'll have Fred sign you up again buddy!!! Make sure Sandy and I are the beneficiaries on your policy. :lol:

joinaz
PV Fan
PV Fan

PV in September

Post by joinaz » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:02 am

and would like to do a day trip to Sayulita. I know it will be hot and humid then -- is the bus air conditioned? That's the only way I'll get hubby go go on a bus vs. a taxi. He says the buses do not have air -- ???
Thanks.

Trev086
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Trev086 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:04 am

The bus's i've been on don't have AC, can't speak for the entire line of buses in PV

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Sayulita surf article

Post by JROJEFF » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:11 pm

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/n ... 8c&k=84701

I must have been the guy he was talking about on page 2, two many burritos and pacificos :lol:

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:58 pm

depending on your style of trip to sayulita, and your starting point in pv, i would think about renting a car. there are lots of cool places to explore on the way, and the bus trip home is long after the day of adventure.

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Arizona Karen » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:15 pm

Quite a few of the taxis don't have a/c either.

Day trip or staying there?

The forum at sayulitalife.com has a lot of comments about transportation between PV and Sayulita and the main page includes a business section of which transportation is listed under tours and guides.

We rented a Suburban from Gecko for 8 of us last time. Once we got there, it just sat there for a week. This time we are using Diva Tours and they are even going to include a stop at the grocery store on the way up and on the way down as we will then be in Nuevo Vallarta for one week. They'll then take us to the airport. Three trips, two grocery stops in a large van; $160 total. It's cheaper than renting. I love the buses but our group of 7 will stay there one week and have the luggage to support that (teens).

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:35 pm

Daytrip w/drinking involved -take bus as mentioned by tom and lorrie
any other trip besides somebody driving you that cant get a dui- you can make your own mind up- have fun ,and try the burritos at a place that has a sign that says burritos to go-good stuff

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:37 pm

even after a long wonderful day in Sayulita the trip back was fun too.. we paid 10 pesos and stopped in Bucerias for sunset dinner at El Pescador's and then grabbed anothe bus back to Vallarta... as for AC i don't think there was any but just like the 60's and 70's it was like 10 x 50 (10 windows down and 50 MPH if he could get up to speed)... we had not problems at all.... well JRO had a few "issues" something about cervesas and burritos... HA HA and i think a wave or two kicked his tush too... LOL

you make the trip what you want... if there is just a couple of you, take the bus, enjoy relax and have a great time... if you want speed then take a taxi or rent a vehicle for the day... either way you are going to get to Sayulita and have fun... right...

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:45 pm

Tom I am training for next year,burritos every other day and tequillla every day ,screw the pacificos ,its sauza time