current best places AFTER dinner for 40+ crowd

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
current best places AFTER dinner for 40+ crowd

Post by pvgemini » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:38 am

Please recommend the best places to go in downtown or old town after dinner for the 40+ crowd. I will be there on a "girls'" trip in early March. We saw the "nipple shots" at Mandala in October; pretty funny. Is Andale still good? The Zoo? The Cuban salsa place? Others?
Thank you!

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:18 pm

I would definately recommend Andale's - we went there for the first time last Dec and LOVED it! :)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Andale's is a standard visit for us - King David, Erik, and the staff take very good care of us and their customers that visit night after night, year after year. As for the 40+ crowd, i think you can go just about anywhere and have a good time... if the music sounds good to you, go on in and enjoy... party a little, and move on to the next stop... enjoy

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:18 am

Everyone over 40 seems to love Andale's. Went there twice last year. First time it was really late and it was dead but it was good. Met some interesting people. The second time it was packed, had to sit upstairs on the balcony and I have to say it was the only place where a waiter acted inappropriately and tried to sneak his hand down my skirt and slapped my a**. Needless to say after the quad accident I had the week before this was not appreciated! Almost took him out! LOL..We left and went to Roxy's and danced the night away. A nice seedy lookin bar. Loved it! Oh yea...went to the Cuban bar (can't remember the name) first and want to go back there this year. Looked like a really fun place.

PV2Colorado
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by PV2Colorado » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:21 am

I agree.... Andale's is fun - people are extra friendly, music is great and you can always find a dance partner.... speaking of dance partners - La Bodeguita del Medio ( the cuban bar) is always fun! The live music is lively and you can't beat the mojitos!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:48 am

We did have one there and it was great. Looking forward to checking it out a little longer this time!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:08 pm

Not sure what this has to do with the over 40 crowd having fun in PV......

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:40 pm

It's just Spam...if you go to "new posts since last visit" that user has been busy overnight.. 3 pages of topics they spammed. :evil:

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:04 pm

We arrived home last night from PVR and were in Andales 3 different nights and had a great time with King David and Erik. Started out celebrating Tom's birthday at 12:01 and went back again that night to finish up the celebration. A good time was had by all. Looking forward to going back in March!!

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pdxbuff » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:23 am

Andale's after 10 PM. Be there and experience the ambiance!

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Yes, Andale

Post by oneistwo » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:23 pm

We went there in March and had a blast. We got there early, right after sunset at CYC, for just one drink to check it out and stayed until at least midnight. Did someone say "ambience" or was it "ambulance"?

The Cuban salsa place is La Bodeguita. We've only heard the music at night from the street and of course it's fine. We usually end up there for the all- afternoon happy hour for a half dozen or so mojitos. I recommend the gazpacho as well.

Los Muertos Lovers
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

We love Andales!

Post by Los Muertos Lovers » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:35 pm

We are bringing our friends for their first trip to Puerto Vallarta! We are also in our 40's and will definitely be taking them to Andales! Can anyone give us advice where a great place to go for Superbowl Sunday? Also we are looking for a fun authentic place to go Salsa dancing. Thank you!

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:43 pm

We enjoyed watching a soccer game at El Torito in Old Town. The service and food were good. They have a website. I searched online "sports bar puerto vallarta" and it looks like there are several, but I have only been to El Torito.

Los Muertos Lovers
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Thank you!

Post by Los Muertos Lovers » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:24 pm

Thank you so much for the reply and searching sports bars that was very thoughtful. We have never been to El Torito however walked by there so many times we will also have to check that out. Another member reccommended also a sports bar off basillo badillo very appreciative for everyone's help! :D

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Sports

Post by smitty » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:29 am

Steves Sports Bar is the one on Basillo . Blakes Sports Bar in the hotel zone would be another option .
Chris ( just read your post ) you should of gave the pervy waiter a knuckle sandwich or a knee in the kabobs !

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Authentic Salsa

Post by oneistwo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:06 am

Jota Be (JB) on Ascencio Medina (the main drag in the Hotel Zone) is supposed to be the hot spot for authentic dancing. Problem is it's so local it doesn't get down to business until 11 or so, when the locals get out of work. For 7 or 8 years now we've been saying we've gotta get there, but we always wimp out. The wimping out usually correlates with attendance of hora feliz around sunset.

Does anybody know if La Bodeguita has a dance floor?

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:29 am

Yes, La Bodeguita has a dance floor. They have live music for salsa dancing. I wish I knew how to salsa dance! I noticed at Yoga Vallarta that they have a $5 salsa lesson once a week.

You can see day/time of class at their website online.

Los Muertos Lovers
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Appreciate!

Post by Los Muertos Lovers » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:34 am

Thank you all for the great advice shall be a pleasurable time for sure! I also looked up on the internet for other sports bars, anyone ever go to Captain Ron's? Also saw Freddy Tucan's listed as a sports bar as well, I know they make a super fantastic breakfast but was curious about their sports bar. Really appreciate the replies also on the salsa dancing...only 14 more days to go!!!

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:15 pm

A little off the beaten path, but our favorite for Football is La Escondida at # 210 Jacarandas (off the corner of Madero) It has always been, to us, like a Cheers. 7 or 8 TVs, all channels and comfortable seats. Very moderately priced drinks and snacks. The owner Suzzane is a wonderful Gal.

Los Muertos Lovers
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Los Muertos Lovers » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:58 pm

We love off the beaten path type places and wonderful staff means more than the name! Thank you Howard will look those streets up on the map!