(updated) 10 of Us!

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rudechuck
PV Fan
PV Fan
(updated) 10 of Us!

Post by rudechuck » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:27 pm

After 5 years, I'm finally getting a chance to return to Puerto Vallarta. Only this time, instead of just me and the wife, we're bringing "the kids":

My 20 year old daughter;
My 18 year old stepdaughter (she'll be 19 by then);
My 13 year old stepson.
(Unfortunately, my 18 year old son is currently going through basic training in the army and will not be joining us :cry: , but we are very proud of him)

In addition, we are traveling with our friends and their two girls (13 and 15).

That makes 9!

So what's the most economical option from the Airport to the Marina. Keep in mind we'll have lots of luggage (6 ladies/girls), so no schlepping over the bridge. Taxi booth at the airport? Private van? Something I haven't thought of? We're staying at the Mayan Palace if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any and all input.
Last edited by rudechuck on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:03 pm

We've used the servce on this website before - very reasonable and I believe that they would be able to handle your group size.

wyoblu
PV Fan
PV Fan

Transportation

Post by wyoblu » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:38 am

You might want to contact the Mayan Palace. They offer free airport transfers to their properties. They have large vans and can handle larger groups. Hope you have a wonderful time. Be sure to check out all the great restaurants at the marina.

rudechuck
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by rudechuck » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Thank you for your replies. 8)

I was aware that the Mayan Palace had an airport shuttle, but did not know it was complimentary!!! That's good news. I'll check with them as the date gets closer.

On the other hand, we may want to use a private van service to stop at the grocery store on the way.

So far nobody has suggested the taxi booth at the airport, which leads me to believe this is not a good option for larger parties?

I know I'm being premature with 7 months to go, but I'm too excited and obsessed not to think about every little detail. (Type-A personality I guess :roll: )

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:10 am

Hey LA,
A van should cost you 315 pesos (approx $25 US at 12.5 to 1 exchange) to the marina. Depending on how much luggage you have you may or may not all be able to fit. A cab for 1-3 people is 163 pesos, these are the current rates as of 7/10. Check with the hotel regarding complimentary shuttle and check out the prices on this site. Don't go with anyone that talks to you after you enter the sliding doors when you exit customs (this is the timeshare area now) and they are relentless with trying to convince you they have your ride waiting for you. After the 2nd set of sliding doors you will be in the arrival area and the taxi booths are to your right. The prices are posted on the booth and they can vary a little by booth so depending on how much time you want to spend checking prices those are your options for taxis.

rudechuck
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by rudechuck » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:37 pm

Now there might be 10 of us :roll: :lol:

Thanks for all the info.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Keep going and you can check into the cost of a tour bus. :lol:

rudechuck
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by rudechuck » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:52 pm

I think it's 11 now :wink:

My son who is stationed at Fort Campbell is trying to get approval to leave the country so he can come with us. Please, please, please. :-)9

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:35 pm

Just booked Superiour Tours for 10 of us to Bucerias. 100 for the 10 of us. Have used the tax service available on the web site here and its awesome! Nice having something there with your name on a placard and all you gotta do is get in!

rudechuck
PV Fan
PV Fan

Days away

Post by rudechuck » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Okay, so we're days away. There are 10 of us. The Mayan Palace is sending a complimentary van to pick us up, but they said we will need to arrange our own transportation back.

I did not see on this website that they do transfers BACK to the airport. And on Johann & Sandra's site it states:
Return Transfers Note: Due to an agreement between the hotels and taxi union, allowing only taxis to pick up at hotels, we are not currently able to offer round-trip transfers. We can offer arrival transfers only. Your hotel will arrange for a taxi to return you to the airport. We hope to be able to offer this service again soon. Thank you for your understanding.
So I guess taxis are our only option then?

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:23 pm

Call Superior Tours....you'll need a big van!

rudechuck
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by rudechuck » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:34 pm

Thanks. I'll check them out.

rudechuck
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by rudechuck » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:08 pm

It all worked out beautifully.

Free transportation to the hotel. 100 pesos for 9 of us back to the airport in one van. (We had one kid go home a couple of days early because his hockey team made the State championships ... they lost :cry:).

Thanks all.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:52 am

Hey Chuck,
Glad to hear everything went smoothly, no better way to start a vacation. So what did you think of all the changes since 5 years ago?