cruises

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

waverider
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
cruises

Post by waverider » Fri Jul 06, 2001 12:20 am

Hola to all you fortunate people on your way down to P.V.
The crusies vary dramatically in price, depending on who you buy the tickets from and how persistent you are. We went on the Carnival day cruise to Los Arcos, Los Animas, and Quimixto. Not only were the scenery and atmosphere intoxicating, so was the free flowing party. With a little knowledge of Spanish it was easy to meet and make later arrangements with several people on board. Next time down we will do a few more cruises. I met more interesting people during the day than at the bars at night. I did hear some warnings about the fishing expeditions(alot of hidden costs) though. The same trips often varied in price from $65. American to the incredible price of $25. that we paid. The locals love to banter over the price so do as they do and save tons of money.
I really don't think you can go wrong on any established cruise. Have fun!

pt

Re:cruises

Post by pt » Fri Jul 06, 2001 6:06 pm

Dear Big Wave Charley! I'm glad you had fun on the Carnival - do you think that boat is big enough? I live here in PV and my son works on the boat - he's the only 'gringo' on board (Joe). I will pass your comments along to him. (I hope he did a good job!)
There really are some reputable fishing boats/charters here but lately, I've really been hearing alot of 'horror stories', especially regarding the hidden costs. The more people involved in the sale transaction the higher the cost and more chance of problems! We pulled in a 420 lb (yes!) tuna last week!!!!!!

waverider
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by waverider » Sun Jul 08, 2001 12:14 am

Hola
You can also tell your son that the cruise was one of the best days of our vacation. My only regret, and it is a small one, is that we could not have snorkled a little longer while at Los Arcos. It was so beautiful that I felt like I was in a dream and I did not want it to end! We also heard from the numerous locals offering to take us fishing that very large tuna were being caught. That must have been something to catch such a fish. !Ay Carumba! The P. V. area is so full of magic, I must admit I am jealous of anyone who can manage to migrate down there, even for a little while. Adios amigos

pt

Post by pt » Sun Jul 08, 2001 10:29 pm

I'll definitely pass your comments along to my son and thanks again! Usually after about 45 to 50 minutes of snorkeling most people are ready to get back on the boat. Glad the visibility was good the day that you went. It's kind of a 'crap shoot' as far as visibility for snorkeling during the rainy months. Anyway, come back and catch a big tuna!