Tipping

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Mac
Tipping

Post by Mac » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:49 pm

Chuck,
What do you suggest in regard to tipping at the resort? I want to take care of the folks that work so hard for so little.

Thanks,
Mac

SPUD2

Re:Tipping

Post by SPUD2 » Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:11 pm

Same as anywhere else ---10 to 15%

Mac

Post by Mac » Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:40 pm

Spud,
Thanks...I also mean for the folks that clean the room everyday.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:21 pm

I usually leave $2 US a day for the maid. I often bring small items to leave for them as well. Small lotions, soaps, perfumes, (sample size) pencils and paper for their kids, etc.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:05 am

Pat,
Thank you for the information.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:31 am

Your tips will not only be greatly appreciated by the workers but will make your holiday much more enjoyable. Some people like to leave a lump sum at the end of their vacation. We prefer to tip on a daily basis. These people work long hours and a few bucks a day is the least they deserve.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:59 am

Maid-$20 for the stay, bartenders $1-2/day, servers at the pool $2/day,waiters $2/meal, evening waiters @ Salvator's/Paradise Room $5/meal, and extra to anybody giving exceptional service. I usually end up tipping around $200usd per 8 day visit, I know the tipps are included but these people really bust their butts to make your stay very enjoyable. I tip using usd and pesos, just depends if I can get enough small denomination pesos.

mhahn

Post by mhahn » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:03 am

You will really feel good about generously tipping at the CP, when you get there you will know what we're talking about! Do leave little notes on any presnts if you bring them, that they are from you so there will no question that the maids recieved them as gifts.