Driving to PV, from Acapulco, from the US ?

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

andywww
PV Fan
PV Fan
Driving to PV, from Acapulco, from the US ?

Post by andywww » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:14 pm

Looking to come to PV in the near future, with the idea of possibly moving there from Acapulco. I am looking for some information about driving between Acapulco and PV, and also PV and the US.

ACA-PVR: I see two obvious choices: 1.) Hwy 200 along the coast, or 2.) Cuota 95 to Cuernavaca and Toluca and Cuota 15 via Guadajara, with perhaps some variations on the Libres. Any thoughts or suggestions? And recommended not to miss sights along the way. Loop road around Guadalajara?

Lodging recommendations - looks like a two day drive to me via #2 and perhaps 3 days via the coast.

Also, any thoughts on the drive from PV to Nogales or Agua Prieta? Looks like there may be Cuota almost all the way (to Nogales).

Lastly, 40 from Mazatlan to Durango?

I am familar with the drives from Cuid.Juarez to DF and Neuvo Laredo to DF, as well as DF to Acapulco, and 200 along the coast from Acapulco to Huatulco - so I am familar with checkpoints militar and aduana, radar, topes, etc. I also believe flying is cheaper and easier than driving, but sometimes you just gotta drive...

Thanks! Andy

mexico-mvt
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: Driving to PV, from Acapulco, from the US ?

Post by mexico-mvt » Tue May 05, 2009 2:42 pm

andywww wrote:
I am familar with the drives from Cuid.Juarez to DF and Neuvo Laredo to DF, as well as DF to Acapulco, and 200 along the coast from Acapulco to Huatulco - so I am familar with checkpoints militar and aduana, radar, topes, etc. I also believe flying is cheaper and easier than driving, but sometimes you just gotta drive...

Thanks! Andy
How long is the drive? Well as long as you're familiar with the road then that's fine. Driving will be a different experience.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Sat May 23, 2009 12:02 am

we drove down from san francisco last october. the 200 is a toll road for probably 90 percent of the drive. about 85.00 or so dollars to get you to the border in nogales. it's a great, beautiful drive. we made it to navajoa on the first day of the return trip, then into nogales about 2pm the second day.

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Sat May 23, 2009 6:03 am

A few years ago we and some friends did a leisurely drive up the coast from Acapulco to PV. We took our time and spent one night in Ixtapa and one in Manzanillo. The scenery is gorgeous, the road is so-so and filled with many topes and vados so there is no speeding. Oh and also cattle and horses.