Favorite Mexican Cerveza? (poll)

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Favorite Cerveza?

Dos XX
16%
Corona
20%
Pacífico
34%
Sol
8%
Tecate
4%
Modelo
11%
Montejo
1%
Estrella
No votes
Indio
1%
Bohemia
4%
León
1%
Carta Blanca
1%
Victoria
No votes
Casta
No votes

Total votes: 165

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Favorite Mexican Cerveza? (poll)

Post by ajstanger » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:35 pm

OK, how about a favorite Mexican beer? Now when I say Mexican beer I mean the beer you would drink in PV not buy from the local 7-11 by your house. They do taste different. I know I can't get all of them so I thought I would narrow it down to what I believe is the top 5 from what I read here on the boards.

Adios,
T.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:59 pm

None of the above.

My vote goes to Modelo

Edit: Now that the poll has been expanded, I have submited my vote.
Last edited by palapa_gal on Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rcracing » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:04 pm

if I'm in P.V. it would be any of the above....including Modelo :) as long as i am on vacation in P.V.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Added options

Post by webmaster » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:26 pm

Hi there,

Great idea with the cerveza poll, modified it a bit (cerveza, for starters, not cervesa) and added most of the most important beers in the country, so people know there's a lot to choose from. My favorites are Montejo and León, recently bought by Modelo (I think).

Greetings

Mogens

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ajstanger » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:02 am

Thank you Mogens for the added brews. And for the correction. I hope now people will not just read but actually vote. I am curious as to what the favorite is. When we go back in 110 days I want to try some of the others. Including some I haven't heard of.

Adios,
T.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:19 am

Negra Modelo or Modelo Especial, my choices.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:26 am

After much thought (a few minutes) my favorite mexican beer is the one that I am drinking at that given time.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:53 pm

now any one of those beers fits my palate... i prefer a lager or an ale ... now Modelo Negra is a perfect dark beer for my tastest.... i have drank from each of the wells that have been listed above except for the two that Mogens listed, so it looks like i have to try a few more ...

and like my buddy Chuck, the beer that is in front of me at the time is working out just fine... Sol con ascetunas... Sol-tini (beer with olives)... that way i always have a snack at the bottom of each glass... LOL...

enjoy... excellent idea.... and most of these beers do beat Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors, Coors Lite, but there are a few micro brews i would like to stack them up against them... Tire Biter Ale, Bitch in Heat Ale (these are made in Colorado), there are a few porters and stouts that are good too from KC to Des Moines... Capital Brewery on Court Avenue and Raccoon River Brewery on 6th Street... excellent local micro brews....

Tom

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Corona's for me

Post by ronald » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:28 am

Don't now why I always choose Corona, ....must be the taste, ....don't taste anything like our good strong Canadian stuff,...just shows you that a beer drinker will always enjoy his beer. If no Corona, then I'll drink anything except that dark stuff.
:-)4

titustitans
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by titustitans » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:28 pm

For the Pills style I go Pacifico. Though I would most likely pick Negra Modelo as I like the taste and a dark Ale style beer.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:28 pm

In an effort to bump this to the top...Why are there so FEW votes and posts on this question? One would have thought this would have been jumped on like an ice cold Corono on the beach during July. :P

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:30 pm

My bad, logged off again while posting.
In an effort to bump this to the top...Why are there so FEW votes and posts on this question? One would have thought this would have been jumped on like an ice cold Corona on the beach during July. :P

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ajstanger » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:47 pm

I was wondering the same thing. I thought it would be a "Hot" topic.

Maybe they can't get the option to vote when they open it. Mogens? Have you read that anywhere on the boards?

In 103 days, I am hoping there will be lots more votes before I leave. I would like to see what all the shazizzle is about the top picks.

Adios,
T.

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ajstanger » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 pm

318 people viewed this so far and only "17 Votes"?

Go figure,

I guess I'll go drink another Bub Light (for now anyway).

Adios,
T.

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

fav beer

Post by chi-mike » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:23 am

I'm not a big beer drinker but I never met a pacifico I didn't like.

Gloria6

Favorite drink.

Post by Gloria6 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:04 pm

My favorite drink is definitely Corona. Always has been..... :P :shock: :lol:

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:35 pm

ajstanger wrote:318 people viewed this so far and only "17 Votes"?

Go figure,

I guess I'll go drink another Bub Light (for now anyway).

Adios,
T.
Hey T... i have to agree with you, i thought for sure people would just flock to this thread... but you know what...when people do come down to Mexico, they look for "exotics" to drink... they want the classic margarita, or a flavored one (strawberry, raspberry, etc.) or they want the strawberry/banana dacquiri etc... so i am not sure what is happening here... you go for that bud light, i am going for a Michelob Amber Bock... have one of them dark beers you know... LOL and it is jmo, Corona is over rated ... but like i said that is just my opinion.... :twisted: :evil:

8) - tom

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Cheers To Mexican Beer

Post by smitty » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:43 am

A subject near and dear to my heart - or beer belly I should say. :) I chose Pacifico in the poll but would be happy with any of them if I get to drink them in PV. Last night I noticed a can of Pacifico and Modelo hiding in the back of my fridge. We'd brought these back from our Oct/Nov trip to PV. They brought a little bit of Mexican memories to me here in Toronto - in the middle of a real nasty winter freeze up. :)

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Cheers To Mexican Beer

Post by rcracing » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:14 am

smitty wrote:A subject near and dear to my heart - or beer belly I should say. :) I chose Pacifico in the poll but would be happy with any of them if I get to drink them in PV. Last night I noticed a can of Pacifico and Modelo hiding in the back of my fridge. We'd brought these back from our Oct/Nov trip to PV. They brought a little bit of Mexican memories to me here in Toronto - in the middle of a real nasty winter freeze up. :)
i wish if could find one of those in my fridge to help me with our cold spell :(

aeazy

Post by aeazy » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:11 am

mosy defitnitly XX