San Marino Plaza - Any information please

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

SusieQ
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
San Marino Plaza - Any information please

Post by SusieQ » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:13 pm

Have stayed at Buenaventura few times and loved it, but unfortunately no openings for travel dates. Has anyone stayed at San Marino Plaza?

Cassandra
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Cassandra » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:35 pm

We stayed at the San Marino on our very first trip to Vallarta and LOVED it. It's right in the heart of the old town zone on the beach. It's no 5-star accommodation but I can tell you that when we were there the entertainment was beyone 5 star. As a matter of fact a couple years later we stayed at the Melia (5 star) and the same dance team that performed at the SM were at the Melia. So that says something. I remember on the Sunday the beach was just packed and I thought oh my God is this place ever busy but it turned out to be all the locals! It's a small hotel but man do they ever treat you well. When we were there the entire staff got together every afternoon (entire as in front desk, cooks, maids, bartenders, etc) and sang/danced their house dance. The food was okay as in you get what you pay for but certainly adequate. We only ate one meal out the whole week! The room was clean. Nobody had any complaints on that trip and we were completely overcome with the Vallarta addiction. If you book there I'm sure you'll be satisfied. Don't be afraid to jump on a bus and go exploring. We're kinda chicken*hit country bumpkins and it took 4 trips to Vallarta to get the courage to take a bus and I really wish now I wasn't such a dork about that so get on the bus and go exploring. I also remember the evening shows being audience interactive and having such a great time and winning some rum....had our little girl with us and the mother-in-law and everyone enjoyed statying at this hotel. Also, we felt perfectly safe with our little girl there too. No complaints for a 2 star hotel. They really worked hard to make our stay enjoyable and it was.

Re: San Marino Plaza - Any information please

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:57 am

check this out!
The good: The service and rooms
The better: the beach and pool
The best: the location.
The bad: no snacks
The worse: the drinks
The worst: no shows :D

DaveOntario
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: San Marino Plaza - Any information please

Post by DaveOntario » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:33 am

SusieQ wrote:Have stayed at Buenaventura few times and loved it, but unfortunately no openings for travel dates. Has anyone stayed at San Marino Plaza?
Location is great! It's within a 5-10 minute walk of many great restaurants, so you don't need the All Inclusive. We stay up the street at the Tropicana (breakfast included) and eat at a different place every noon and night. We also have stayed at the Buenaventura twice but prefer the Zona Romantica by far.

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:07 am

we stayed there last year and will be there again in 17 sleeps.

we found: location was great. decent pools. some activities if you were interested- a little hokey but kind of a nice change. hotel and rooms were adequate. food was terrible- breakfast very good, lunch- sometimes something was foragable- and dinners were- :roll: well- there are too many decent/cheap restaurants that it was still affordable to eat out (we would often get shrimp :D off the beach and have it with some salad or rice). service was fine especially if you tipped a bit and made an effort to speak their language- don't be a snot or a snob- that goes for everywhere you go and whatever you do. you could do a lot worse for the same amount of money at otherplaces!

susan p
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by susan p » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:10 pm

I have not stayed there but it is not my style hotel (not very appealing in appearance from the street anyways). And I'm not big on AI or provided entertainment.

In that part of town (which I love BTW) I would go to the Tropicana or Playa Los Arcos instead. There are loads of inexpensive and fantastic restaurants within a few blocks.
________
Vodun (voodoo) forums