Puerto Vallarta is one of Mexico's leading culinary destinations, providing hundreds of incredible opportunities for food enthusiasts to enjoy and relish in all sorts food options, on the one side the very basic and delicious typical street food straight from taco stands or in households that in front of their houses or in their driveways offer tacos and ceviches, sometimes for generations all the way to Five Star Diamond Honor restaurants with the most modern and trending in International Cuisine.
Vegetarians and vegans have a wide variety of dining options in PV, from Planeta Vegetariano, a completely meat-free restaurant located right in the middle of downtown, providing all-you-eat vegetarian buffet and main dishes or 100% Natural which offers vegetarian and vegan dishes too. An international option is Barcelona Tapas in downtown serving gazpacho, vegetarian paella and spinach with apples and nuts. Mexican dishes in their vegetarian or vegan versions can be requested at River Café and Que?Pasa is home to the Puerto Vallarta veggie-burger, home-made macaroni and cheese and other American home cooking. El Patio de mi Casa provides vegetarian soups, grilled vegetables and tofu sandwiches.
Food aficionados with special nutritional requirements will certainly find that Puerto Vallarta's chefs are more than willing to include dishes that are gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan and even organic dishes. Vegetarian and Vegan Cuisine in Puerto Vallarta's restaurants are constantly accommodating their customers, and they will many times offer to modify existing dishes to meet your vegetarian and vegan needs. It is crucial to make your dietary needs known the the waiters or Chef just to make sure that the recipes take your desires into account.
Vegetarian & Vegetarian Friendly Restaurants
Blvd. Francisco Medina Ascencio 1630, Puerto Vallarta
(322) 223-2974 Serves meats. Offers some vegan and vegetarian food options. Breakfast fruit plates, oatmeal, smoothies, vegetable juices, and healthy food in general. http://www.100natural.com.mx/
Francisca Rodriguez 130, Zona Romantica, Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta
(322) 222-0411 Serves meat. Has vegetable section on menu, with some being vegan suitable or could be made vegan, we recommend to ask before ordering. Semi-casual atmosphere.
Accepts credit cards Facebook http://www.archieswok.com
Hotel Paloma del Mar
Honduras 309 (between Brasil & Calle Bolivia), Colonia 5 de Diciembre 48350 Puerto Vallarta
(322) 222-2525 For those that like to eat healthy, they offer a tasty vegetarian buffet, a harmonious location so you can enjoy our 100% natural dishes. http://www.hotelpalomadelmar.com
Mary Restaurant Vegetariano
Honduras #309, Hotel Paloma del Mar Planta Baja C, Puerto Vallarta
(322) 223-5761 One of few fully vegetarian restaurants in the city. Offers authentic Mexican dishes. Spacious, bright and high ceilings. Wide variety of food, lots of veggie "meats".
Breakfast 9am-12noon, buffet 1-6pm.
Iturbide 270, Puerto Vallarta
(322) 222-3073 Buffet features salad bar, hot foods, some raw food, and a daily soup. Also has fresh juices. Facade and eating area decorated in bright colors and artworks.
Open daily 8-11.30am and 12-10pm.
Cash only Facebook
Red Cabbage Cafe
Ribera del Rio 204, Colonia Remance, Puerto Vallarta
(322) 223-0411 Serves meat and vegetarian options available. Restaurant, bar, and cooking school. Offers a vegetarian menu with many opportunities to enjoy real traditional Mexican cooking. They offer food here that is not available elsewhere in town. Restaurant has a lively, bohemian space housed in a converted garage.
Open Mon-Sun 5-11pm.
Cash only http://www.redcabbagepv.com
Salud Super Food
Olas Altas 534, Puerto Vallarta
(322) 139-9398 Natural food cafe offering healthy cuisine focused on great tasting food, using "superfoods" as core ingredients. A healthy choice for a deliciously balanced diet. Buen Provecho! Available for catering events and private functions. Serves meat, vegetarian options available. Located in South Puerto Vallarta's Zona Romantica. Has salads and wraps with quinoa, smoothies, breakfast wraps, salads. Free wi-fi.
Open Mon-Sat 8am-4pm, closed Sun.
Cash only Facebook http://www.saludpv.com
Some more recommended restaurants with Vegetarian options
Matamoros & de Octubre, Downtown Puerto Vallarta, México
(322) 222-0510 Though an all-round restaurant with meat and more, offers some delicious options for vegetarians too. Facebook http://www.barcelonatapas.net/
El Patio de Mi Casa
Calle Guerrero 311, Centro, Puerto Vallarta.
48300 Puerto Vallarta
(322) 222-0743 Open from Tuesday to Saturday from 6pm to 2am. Perfect for a cup of coffee or a great cocktail by mixologist Facundo! Home made options, bread, pizzas, cookies, salads, sandwiches, etc. Free wi-fi. Delis, Pizza, Sandwiches, Vegetarian. Facebook
Allende #124, Malecon, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
(322) 223-2424 100% Authentic Indian Cuisine. Exotic flavors and aromas for body and soul. A culinary voyage to one of the most varied and oldest cultures in the world, authentic Punjab ingredients and recipes cooked in tandoor, the Indian oven.
Tue - Sat: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sun: 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm Facebook
No Way José!
5 de Febrero 260, Col. Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
(322) 223-2853 No Way José! boasts a Mexican Contemporary menu with dishes representing every region in Mexico. You'll find a favorite starting with the prepared table-side Caesar Salad to the Chiles En Nogada and Molé Poblano. You really feel like you're in Mexico here. Huachinango a la Veracruzana. Hot Chile Love Margaritas. and more. Facebook http://www.nowayjosemx.com
Nu Global Tapas Bar
Pulpito 115-1, Col. Amapas, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
(322) 222-2114 With space for larger groups, they have many choices for vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters too. Located across from La Palapa in the place of the former "Banana Cantina". Vegetarians must try the eggplant meatballs, cauliflower ceviche and the nutty sweet salad. Upstairs dining room is fantastic.
Mon - Sun: 3:00 pm - 2:00 am
Cash only Facebook http://nutapas.mx/
Aquiles Serdan 625, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
(322) 223-4006 Que?Pasa is a bar of our own. It is Vallarta's locals bar and restaurant. The friendliest people in Vallarta meet here for great "gringo" food, beverages, and local entertainment. It's a place where the tourists get to mingle with the locals - get some advice, make friends or simply hang out and have a great time.
Mon - Sun: 12:00 pm - 2:00 am
Cash only Facebook http://www.quepasavallarta.com
Isla Río Cuale #4, Centro, Puerto Vallarta
(322) 223-0788 The River Café offers a wide range of national and International cuisine creations elaborated with first class ingredients, a delight even for the most refined taste. A full list of the best Mexican and foreign wines as well as a large assortment of interesting cocktails, all in one of the most romantic setting in Puerto Vallarta. Listen to the great live jazz music too. Constantly visited by tourists, there's also custom made Jewelry and a great variety of oil paintings from renowned artists.
Mon - Sun: 8:00 am - 11:30 pm Facebook http://www.rivercafe.com.mx