Going to Royal Decameron 6/30-How's the weather??

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mballard
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Going to Royal Decameron 6/30-How's the weather??

Post by mballard » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:35 pm

Hello-

I'm a newbie to this bulletin board!! This will be my first trip to PV - been to Cancun & Cozumel, Jamaica, Punta Cana, Grand Cayman and Aruba, and I must say PV is the best deal so far!! Everything I've read makes it sound absolutely awesome, so I can wait to get there.

We normally travel in April or May, but had to wait til later this year, so I'm kind of concerned what the weather will be like?? Has anyone travelled to PV the first week of July? Please tell me that I shouldn't be worried about rain!!! I wouldn't be so worried if every time I turned on the TV, I saw news about Hurrican Season, which just begun!! Just looking for a little positive reinforcement from the pro's here!!

I will be travelling with my husband, sister and her husband. We'll be staying at Royal Decameron from 6/30 thru 7/7. Will anyone else be there during this time? Would love to meet new people and make new friends while we're there!

Less than 3 weeks to go!!!

stew

Re:Going to Royal Decameron 6/30-How's the weather??

Post by stew » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:45 pm

For up to date weather gp to http://weather.yahoo.com/regional/mxxx.html. It should be a lot cheaper than the Caymans (a place I love) unless you are very high maintanice. Both places have wonderful people. I had a diving accident on Grand Cayman in 74. I would have died had not those wonderful people. Doctors & staff at the hospital took extraordinary efforts in saving me!

Weezie

Post by Weezie » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:02 pm

We have been to the Royal Decameron 6 times. We love it. The weather can be rainy in June. Our daughter went in June and the sun did not shine, but it was very hot. about 40 celcius. That was their experience, but you could be lucky. We usually go in February to get away from the snow. It is a beautiful resort and I could not find anything to complain about. Anything extra that you want all you have to do is ask for it. It is very clean and the food is excellent.

chicagokid
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by chicagokid » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:54 pm

I'm going to PV for the first time also in July.......My girlfriend and I are staying at the Casa Magna Marriott July 1-July5......I am proposing to her on July 4th! I've been looking at the webcam and seen nothing but cloudy days.....I hope they will go away by the time we all go there!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:39 am

We have been to PV during the summer at least 8 times during the last 5 years and never once were we rained out for a whole day. Maybe that's just luck, but my luck doesn't run that way on the good side. It has been very sunny, regardless of what the webcam looks like. Usually the only rain we see is late in the PM or at night. In summer, PV gets very green because of the rain, so its really a beautiful time to be there. BTW it is very humid, watch your camera lens fog up when you leave your airconditioned room. Our 1st year we didn't notice and the first couple of days we had very "foggy" pictures to remember PV by.

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:13 am

wow - haven't written in a loooong time. well, i went to the royal decameron last year for the first week of august and i must say it was lovely. althought it was swelteringly hot and humid, it was still amazing, and it only rained on one day and it was in the evening for a short while. every few days it was overcast, but that can be a good thing at this time of the year cuz that sun is hot hot hot! stick near the pool and ocean and go shopping in the early morning to beat the afternoon heat cuz you will be exhausted by dinner :P anyways i hope you have a great time and the weather holds up - i'm jealous!

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:50 am

melis (Jun 19, 2005 09:13 p.m.):
wow - haven't written in a loooong time. well, i went to the royal decameron last year for the first week of august and i must say it was lovely. althought it was swelteringly hot and humid, it was still amazing, and it only rained on one day and it was in the evening for a short while. every few days it was overcast, but that can be a good thing at this time of the year cuz that sun is hot hot hot! stick near the pool and ocean and go shopping in the early morning to beat the afternoon heat cuz you will be exhausted by dinner :P anyways i hope you have a great time and the weather holds up - i'm jealous!
Hey Melis:
I haven't seen you on the board in a long time as you say. How was your trip to the Dominican Republic?

beach_bum13

Post by beach_bum13 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:05 am

The weather was horrible this past week I don't think I even saw the sun! It was a constant mist from sometime tues i think until friday. Thats not normal tho i dont think. I have been during the rainy season and it storms then its sunny, not sure what was up with the weather last weeked I felt like I was in Seatle.

chicagokid
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by chicagokid » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:38 pm

I'm leaving for PV July 1st and that doesn't sound too good....I look at the weather everyday and all it says is cloudy everyday....I'm praying that this will change by the time I leave...

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:34 pm

Just remember that PV doesn't have a weather station in the city, so online forecasts are only partially accurate.

Friends in PV tell me they had their first real rain of the season last night - a good downpour with thunder and lightning, and everything is fresh and green this morning. (-:

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty of sun when you arrive. And remember - it's just as easy to sunburn under a hazy cloudy sky as in full on sunshine!

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by marcos » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:37 pm

Actually, it is EASIER to burn when it is overcast than when it is sunny. I know this first hand :-( I think the rationale is that when it is overcast, your body generally feels cooler and you tend to be less careful about sunscreen, turning, etc. So be EXTRA CAREFUL when it is overcast.

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:38 pm

Elena,

yes it has indeed been a long, sad while lol. actually, i didn't go to the domincan, it was cancun! i went there for my march break and it was a blast for sure. i had tons of fun, my 3 girlfriends and i, with no parents. it ruled hahaha. we met lots of people and went to a lot of cool places. i am going back next march again! it was great, but verrrrrrry different from pv. and i will probably be going back to pv in january :)

tim25
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tim25 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:42 pm

I was at the Decameron last year at this time, and while it was amazingly hot and humid, for the most part the rain held off - we didn't have one day spoiled by the rain, and the last 4 days (out of a couple weeks) the rain started. It was AWSOME. I clouded over around 4pm, the wind picked up then it rained like crazy for about an hour. Then the clouds blew out and it was beautiful in the evening. The rain was cooling and refreshing, and made you feel ready for a wild night out. I loved it and will certainly be back - but in a condo in old-town this time.

Weezie

Post by Weezie » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:39 pm

How was your trip ? Have not seen any reports on this site. I would be interested in knowing about your experiences.