Mid 20's couple coming to PV this May - Any Advice?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

Scotty555
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Mid 20's couple coming to PV this May - Any Advice?

Post by Scotty555 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:03 pm

I love this site. Lot of usefull info. This will be my second time in PV. Was there back in 04. We are staying at the Krystal from May 26-June 02. This time I am taking my girlfriend and looking for some advice. I visited most of the popular clubs back in 04 looking for some names of some cool local bars or taverns in town that are less of the club atmosphere. Also when I was there I ate a place where we sat on the roof overlooking the city. Does anyone know what it is called I forgot. Any other suggestions for places to eat where you can really see the culture of PV? Any advice would be appreciated. One other question about spring breakers. I figure it's near the end of spring break time down there in late may is that correct? Thanks! I can't wait to go back!

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:23 pm

The rooftop bar sounds like El Nido on top of Chez Elena - Matamoros #520

We have been going in mid May for several years, and I believe all the spring breaks are over with by then

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:20 pm

Yes I beleive all the spring breaks are from the middle of march till the middle of april.And welcome to the board :)

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:31 pm

You're safe from spring breakers. Schools are usually out by then.

Barcelona is a rooftop restaurant.

I get a sense you want to take your PV activities to the next level, but want to you mean by "culture"? Local or vacation-type? For the former, behind the beaches there's a real city,and there's some outlying towns. If the latter, there are many gems to be had.

Bar-wise, I have one tip for you. Sometime after 5 but well before 7 walk out onto the sand from the Krystal and walk north past the merchant shacks. You'll see a thatched roof about 50 yards ahead. Go in, wash the sand off your feet, and sit down at the bar. Happy hour is 5-7 (One is two). The margaritas are small but exquisite, and it's sounds like you're ready to graduate from the sugary fishbowl concoctions. It's our favorite place to watch the sunset.

Downtown (El Centro. Take any bus that says that) Our favorite daytime bar is La Bodeguita del Medio on the malecon. It's a great place for a mojito in the afternoon, and at night they have live Cuban music. It might be a good place to wean yourself away from the club scene.

There are more, many more.

Scotty555
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Scotty555 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:24 pm

Thanks for the responses. I am really looking forward to the trip!

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:24 pm

Here's the bar I was talking about, if the link works.

http://www.8664myvacation.com/resorts/v ... rta-6L.jpg