Page 1 of 2
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:15 am
As you are planning your trip or vacation there are many things that you are going to need to plan for and take care of before your trip starts. You will definitely want to have purchased some type of travel health insurance so that you are covered on your trip in the event of a medical emergency. Travel medical insurance is what is going to protect you if you are taken ill from a virus or from something that you eat. If you have an accident and are injured your travel health insurance will pay to have you taken to safety and for your stay in the hospital.
Most travel medical insurance will offer you several different policies. If your own personal health insurance already offers you some type of coverage when you are on vacation to out of the country you can think about skipping travel health insurance or you may want to purchase some travel medical insurance to supplement your personal health insurance. The most important thing to consider when buying travel health insurance is the length of time that you will be away. If you are going to be gone for a long period of time or will be traveling often you will want to buy an extended coverage policy. Different travel medical insurance policies will cover different types of medial issues. Some of this coverage may include:
* Medical and hospital expenses.
* Dental emergencies
* 24 hour medical emergency care
* Emergency evacuation
* Accidental death
* Lost luggage
* Trip cancellation
When you are purchasing your travel health insurance make sure that your discuss exactly what you are looking for with your travel agent.
Traveling can be as easy or as complicated as you make it. Here are some travel tips and international travel tips to help make your vacation or trip that much easier:
• Local currency. This is one of the most common travel tips that you will hear. Before leaving on your vacation change some of your money into the local currency of the country that you are visiting. This will be one less thing for you to worry about when you arrive at your destination.
• Secure your valuables. Always make sure that your money and traveler’s checks are in safe in your purse or in your hand luggage rather than in your suitcase. Suitcases get lost and stolen and you don’t want to arrive at your destination without and funds.
• Hotel safe. If the hotel in which you are staying has a safe be sure to take advantage of it and leave your money and valuables in the safe.
• Luggage. Never leave your luggage unattended in an airport or outside of the airport while you are waiting for your taxi. Always keep a close eye on your bags.
• Confirmations. After you arrive at your destination take some time to make sure that all your return flight are on time. Making sure that the times you have on your ticket are correct will save you lots of time in the event that there has been a scheduling change that you are unaware of.
When you are traveling a big concern is always what and how much to bring. Here are some travel packing tips for you to take into consideration:
• Pack lightly. This is probably one of the most important travel packing tips that you will get. The less you pack the better since you can always pick up those extras or that forgotten sweater at your travel destination.
• Books on language. If you are traveling to a foreign speaking country you may want to think about taking a long a book that has some common phrases in the language of the country that you are visiting.
• Color combination. If you pack all of your clothes in two matching colors you will able to mix and match all of the clothes that you have packed, creating a variety of outfit choices.
• Raincoat. If you are packing a raincoat find one that will double as a windbreaker so that you aren’t taking too many pieces of outer clothing.
• Jeans. Leave the jeans at home if you can since they weigh more and are harder to carry around. As well they take a longer time to dry if you have to wash some of your clothes and hang them to dry in your hotel room.
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:33 pm
I definitely agree with you about getting the travel insurance. I once had to get stitches while I was in PV and I had to pay for all of it myself. Since then, I make sure I have a travel medical insurance. It's cheaper than paying for stitches.
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:42 am
Good information but opens the door for a tag team of new posters hustling medical insurance? Same IP?
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:05 pm
Gee those were helpful tips.
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:04 pm
Wow, do you have any other useful tips you want to share?
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:40 pm
Wonderful and really resourceful post. It's really good tips for proper planning.
Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:46 am
This is Ray Wilson & i read your article & in my opinion it’s really appreciable, it’s doesn’t require any further addition its perfect. I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your webpage. Thank you.
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:47 am
Thanks for bunch of tips. This seems to be an informative posting on traveling.
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:26 am
Thanks for your post. It is really high content and informative post. It is rich in information. For your post i am now interested to do medical and travel insurance now. It is beneficial after all.
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:03 am
I would add one thing to your list. Advise your Bank of your travel plans so that your credit card will not be declined should you choose to use it.
BTW Denny, I disagree with your advice NOT to bring your jeans. It's cold here in January and I was wearing mine around town today!
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:29 am
I just came back and although I brought jeans I refused to wear them....
Weather was perfect! Can't wait to go back in February....gotta change the ticker!
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:40 pm
I will give you first Travel Tip that always keep extra money while on Travel and don't use them.Second I will say that always keep your travel insurance.Book your Hotel firstly before go on Travel.Thanks
General Travel Tips
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:21 pm
thanks for those valuable information about travel.the safety caution you have mentioned is really necessary.
Have sound helth
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:58 pm
That's really helpful
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:21 am
denny8569 your tips are quite effective and useful to keep in mind while traveling abroad. I think with local currency you must have dictionary of local language, its help in communicating with the local persons.
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:01 am
Nice tips, this is helpful to everyone while traveling , I would like to know more about some food tips for kids? Generally kids are not ready to try new food.So at this situation what have to do, suggest some followable things.
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:52 am
Restaurants in PV go out of their way and are very nice about fixing something the kids will eat. Do get the to try a bite of new foods, there are some incredible restaurants in PV. If all else fails and the kids won't eat you can take them to McDonalds, Subway, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Burger King. My grandson was 2-1/2 the first time he went to PV and we had no problem getting him to eat.
Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:43 pm
Nice tips, I am very much appreciated to these tips because it is very informative and valuable information every traveller.
Thanks for sharing
Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:43 pm
I totally agre with you about purchasing medical travel insurance policy before travelling. In my opinion it is a most important thing to do before flying abroad. And honestly speaking, I really had a bad experience on not doing travel insurance while I was in Berlin. So, its okay whether you buy a lot of clothes or not for vacation but dont ever forget to purchase medical travel insurance before leaving on a vacation!!
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:24 pm
Thank you. Those are excellent tips!