ATM machines?

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

saraz2king
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

ATM machines?

Post by saraz2king » Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:38 am

Can anyone tell me if there is an ATM in the airport? Do you have to have a certain type of card to use them? I am thinking about getting the money I need out of the ATM when we arrive and would like to do it right at the airport so I don't have to hunt down a machine.

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:ATM machines?

Post by cabron » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:14 pm

There are 2 ATMs at the airport, use the Banamex one - not the Bital (adds a fee, the only bank ATM that does here). You must have a four digit PIN. The bank at the airport gives the best exchange rate in town.

susanna

Post by susanna » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:56 pm

I believe that ATMs will only let you take (in a single day) the same limit as you could get out back home. I mention this only because you'll probably need to find a machine sometime again during your trip (not hard to do, i can tell you of two locations downtown) unless you can finance your vacation on a single withdrawl!! Or bring along some cash as well and change it at the bank or casa de cambio windows.

saraz2king
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by saraz2king » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:09 pm

Thanks for all of the help! Good to know that they are readily availible if I decide to go that route after all. Good call on the limit of how much money you can get out at once, never thought of that! Do you happen to know what the max is you can get out of ATM's? I am thinking it is like $200?

bsimpson
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by bsimpson » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:58 pm

Most banks in Canada are $500/day default. In Cdn funds you'd get better than 3000 pesos. If defaulted to $500/day for a U.S. bank you'd get better than 5000 - and that's per day.

hoosier

Post by hoosier » Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:02 am

Is the bank at the airport open on saturdays ?

saraz2king
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by saraz2king » Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:45 am

What about Sundays?

nj

Post by nj » Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:47 pm

A lot of charters arrive on Saturdays so the banks are open at the Airport. Don't know about Sunday since I am never there on Sunday.

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Sundays

Post by teduardo » Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:23 pm

Yes the exchange at the airport is open on Sundays. Not sure of the exact hours, but do know it is open at 3:30pm when we arrive. This is where you get the best exchange rate. Once in town, ATMs are reasonably easy to find.

susanna

Re:ATM machines? / MAX

Post by susanna » Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:52 pm

The maximum is set by your home bank policy not the machine you are using (I'm pretty sure). For example, mine from Bank of American is $350US per day.