Airfares

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

carolseashore
PV Fan
PV Fan

Airfares

Post by carolseashore » Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:01 pm

We will be traveling to Puerto Vallarta next March for the whole month, I just noticed that American Airlines have lowered their fares. We will be flying out of Newark, New Jersey the fare posted is $570. Is this the lowest fare I can purchase, or will the fares go down again?

Thanks for you help.

Judi mex

Re:Airfares

Post by Judi mex » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:24 pm

That's hard to say but that price sounds pretty good to me.

susana

Post by susana » Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:39 pm

If I could tell you that I'd be making money off the stock market!!

Seriously I have gone to PV from Seattle for the past 10 years. I usually fly Alaska and give between $425-$600 each trip. So coming from back east that sounds like a fair deal. And March is prime "tourist season", so my *guess* would be prices would go up rather than down as the time gets closer.

Hatchet

Post by Hatchet » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:49 am

I fly Americawest, this will be my first time to PV but have been to Mazatlan and Ixtapa
We paid $ 612 from Seattle ( for 2) so I beleave if you keep checking your air fare you will fine a great deal, Check often for thay change sometimes more than once a Day

patty
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by patty » Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:06 am

Something you need to consider is the security and airport taxes. Subtracting them will tell you what the airfare really is. I recently used a $50 companion ticket on Alaska Airlines, from Seattle to PV and with all the taxes it came to $130. Still an excellent deal, even with the new fees impacting it, since the full coach, non stop, fare was $676.69

Some internet sites have low air but do not include the security and airport taxes. Be cautious of these prices. You may find a better deal direct with the airline.