ice and water

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

dipita

ice and water

Post by dipita » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:32 pm

can anyone tell me if the it's safe to have ice in your drinks - I've heard that the water's pretty good (purified) but people still suggest using bottled water - what abt ice? Has anyone experienced any issues with using ice in their drinks?
thx,

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Re:ice and water

Post by smitty » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:29 pm

Never had any ice/water problems on our numerous trips to PV. My wife is a bottled water drinker in PV, I am just the opposite. Been my experience what you mix with the ice/water that causes most of the "sickness". That said if it eases your mind stick with bottled water which is easily obtained.

Canucker

Post by Canucker » Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:33 pm

Most places serve ice from purified water. It's said that PV has a good water, I know people who drink it right from the tap but... I always drink bottled water, even here at home in Canada. If you are uncertain about the ice, just ask. I really doubt you will have any problems.

Dipita

Post by Dipita » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:21 am

Thanks for the info - I guess I was more worried because we are travelling with toddlers and though we will drink bottled water, I was wondering abt the ice in the drinks...
Dipita

lilianna
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by lilianna » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:18 pm

after many trips (to mexico/jamaica) and my husband ALWAYS getting sick, we realized he was getting sick because of dehydration, too much soda/beer trying to stay away from the water. Now that we buy lots of water, drink what is offered at restaurants (including the ice) we have been fine ever since...

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:40 pm

In the 9 times we have been in PV we never experienced any sickness from the water or ice. I realise some people get sick on occasion when traveling in a foriegn country and Mexico always get a bad rap on that issue. My wife is a big fan of frozen drinks so her ice consumption is rather large. If you do worry about sickness avoid the ice for your young ones and serve them bottled water,soda, juice. Eventhough we have never been sick in PV I always do take along Imodium just in case.

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:48 pm

I doubt you will have any problems, as most places will probably card your toddlers before serving them drinks.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:35 pm

Good one Teduardo, gave me a good laugh.