Bucerias

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

Redupton

Bucerias

Post by Redupton » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:05 pm

My wife and I will be in PV the first week of October and are thinking about a visit to Bucerias. We are staying at the Krystal in the Hotel Zone. How far is it to Bucerias and how is it best to get there? Do the buses go there? If so, where would we catch the bus and how much is the cost? What is interesting to see and do in Bucerias? Any good restaurants? Any information will be appreciated.

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:Bucerias

Post by teduardo » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:30 pm

You should be able to catch the bus across the street from your hotel. 9 pesos to Bucerías.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:25 am

You need to catch the bus in front of Walmart. You can walk there from the Krystal. There is one in front of Sams that is mainly for the local buses. The one just a little ways north of it, more or less in front of Walmart, is where you would catch the bus to Bucerias. If you get off at the stop light (the bus pulls over to the side road) you can walk across the highway to the main part of town where the church and plaza are with shops on the other side of the street. The bus may make more than one stop in Bucerias, I am not sure. If you are not sure where you are, you can always catch a cab to take you to the plaza area. That would be a lot cheaper than taking a taxi all the way from the Krystal. If you head on down you will come to the beach. Then, if you keep walking west, you will come up on a number of restaurants. We recently ate at one called Capri's. The food was great and the service was excellent. The fix a wood-fired redfish that is excellent.

nj

Post by nj » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:27 pm

Unless the bus routes have changed, you used to be able to catch the bus that said to Bucerias at the bus stop across from Christine's. We did that 2 years ago.

mrmike9

Post by mrmike9 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:09 pm

I'm not sure if the route has changed but I read somewhere that the stops where you can catch it have. From what I understand you can only catch the bus at the terminal on Brasil, in front of Bital Bank (accross from Coppel), and in front of Walmart. There's probably a couple of stops in Nuevo but I'm not sure.