Need to rent an oxygen Concentrator while in PV

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

kccharlie

Need to rent an oxygen Concentrator while in PV

Post by kccharlie » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:44 pm

Need to find a way to rent a Oxygen Concentrator while in PV for a weeks vacation. The unit should be able to be plugged in to the wall. This is to help keep air while sleeping , also finding a rental place for a portable Bottle would be helpful.

Thanks for your assistance.

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re:Need to rent an oxygen Concentrator while in PV

Post by teduardo » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:20 pm

Send an email to [email protected] Pam works in the medical field in Vallarta, is always very helpful and should be able to point you in the right direction.

She has also written a great first timers guide full of helpful information including restaurant coupons you should ask for.

mandj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Need to rent an oxygen Concentrator while in PV

Post by mandj » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:58 am

Have you looked into bringing you own machine? Yes you will need to find an O2 source if nessessary but you should be able to bring your own concentrator. I work for the TSA and can provide you with the info you need as long as you let me know what your needs are. Let me know exactly what type of machine you use and what is nessessary to run it. TSA has policies regarding your type of machines. If you'd like I can send you the TSA rules with regards to oxygen concentrators. Then you will have something to show the authorities if they question you. Oxygen concentrators ,are often mistaken by some airport people, as OXYGEN GENERATORS, thats often why folks in your situation run into snags. O2 GENERATORS are machines that airplanes use to provide emergency O2. These things can be nasty little buggers if not handled with the utmost diligence. ie Value Jet...

Please post back, I'm assuming you'd be more comfortable with your own gear.