Nuevo Vallarta

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tackitikibar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Nuevo Vallarta

Post by tackitikibar » Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:18 am

Going for the first time to Nuevo Vallarta, looking for feedback from folks that have traveled there.

TAG

Re:Nuevo Vallarta

Post by TAG » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:41 pm

tackitikibar (Mar 24, 2004 09:18 p.m.):
Going for the first time to Nuevo Vallarta, looking for feedback from folks that have traveled there.
Nuevo is in north about 12 km I think or about 20 minutes from downtown PV. I am not sure which resort you are staying at, but the beaches are very nice, there are a few good spots to eat and a shopping mall near Paradise Village Resort. I think mst of the hotels in the area are all inclusive...we are club members at Paradise Village, so stay there every time we are in PV. If you want to go into Puerto Vallarta your best bet is to either take the bus or rent a car as cab rides back and forth get expensive. We have been to PV so many times, we usually go into town maybe once or twice during our trip and usually rent a vehicle for the day so we can hit all the spots we want to go to one day and then get back to the beach. There is a marina out there as well as the large marina between Nuevo and downtown, It is more private. I guess I would need to know what specific questions you might have to help you out any more. We love that area...and I think the beaches are better...but if you like the downtown action, it is more expensive to be there than in the hotel zone of PV...
Let me know if you need further help!

bar2000
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by bar2000 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:09 pm

I saw your answer to the other person but thought I would ask you if you know anything about Rancho Bandaras Resort where my family & I will be staying the first week of May.

tackitikibar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Nuevo Vallarta

Post by tackitikibar » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:01 pm

TAG (Mar 26, 2004 10:41 a.m.):
Nuevo is in north about 12 km I think or about 20 minutes from downtown PV. I am not sure which resort you are staying at, but the beaches are very nice, there are a few good spots to eat and a shopping mall near Paradise Village Resort. I think mst of the hotels in the area are all inclusive...we are club members at Paradise Village, so stay there every time we are in PV. If you want to go into Puerto Vallarta your best bet is to either take the bus or rent a car as cab rides back and forth get expensive. We have been to PV so many times, we usually go into town maybe once or twice during our trip and usually rent a vehicle for the day so we can hit all the spots we want to go to one day and then get back to the beach. There is a marina out there as well as the large marina between Nuevo and downtown, It is more private. I guess I would need to know what specific questions you might have to help you out any more. We love that area...and I think the beaches are better...but if you like the downtown action, it is more expensive to be there than in the hotel zone of PV...
Let me know if you need further help!
We are staying at the Playa Del Sol Grande. I have read mixed feelings on this hotel, but it is very new.

tackitikibar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Playa Del Sol Grand

Post by tackitikibar » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:03 pm

Has anyone stayed at this Hotel, it is a new one in Nuevo Vallarta. Going to go for the first time and would like to know the pros and cons. I understand that the beaches are just great.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:17 pm

PDS Grand is actually a condo unit. You are correct, just built. The original PDS is in town on Los Muertos beach and is a great facility. I would imagine whatever negatives you have heard about PDS Grand are due to "growing pains", which every new facility will go through when they first open, until everything is 100% functional.

You are a long way from town though, not that far from Bucerias.

slfdaf
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by slfdaf » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:26 pm

Hello! We have stayed in Nuevo Vallarta twice! WE LOVE IT! We stayed at the Villa Varadero there Beach is perfect. You should defently check the town of Bucerias it is a great little town. We go to Puerto Vallarta every January and since we have found the Villa Varadero in Nuevo we will not stay any where else! Have fun on your trip!

irish

Post by irish » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:30 am

PDS Grand is a new facility, excellent pool and great uncrowded beaches. You may want to plan on taking a food supply to cook simple meals in the condo when you are not planning on eating out. Many people in Neuva Vallarta travel to Sam's in Puerto Vallarta to stock up on groceries and take a $13 cab ride or the bus, if you don't have too many parcels, back to the resort. There are restaurants on site but for varieties sake you may want to travel to Buceries or Puerto Vallarta for variety where there are excellent restaurants. My son -in-law and daughter stayed at PDS Grand in late February. They enjoyed the ocean and pool, went horseback riding and had a great time. The unit was clean and large with balconies and maid service. I have a 2 bedroom reserved for a week in February 2005. Enjoy.

tackitikibar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by tackitikibar » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:29 pm

Thanks Irish for the info. The more I read about this area and hear from people who have been there, it sounds just what we are looking for. When you were there did you find any companies that would supply a limo or private car to get you from the airport to the hotels.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:44 am

In all my trips to PV I have yet to see a limo. I don't think the cobblestone streets of town are conducive to good maintenance for one, plus the narrow streets and tight corners...ay yay yay.

Try one of the Suburban taxis out front of the airport if you're looking to transport a large group to PDS Grand - pay for your passage at the taxi booth inside the airport. For a private booking once you arrive at your condo (for sightseeing, dinner trips etc), check with the concierge, they will probably have some suggestions.

Myself, I'm perfectly happy with the buses and taxis, they do just fine by me.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:08 pm

I just got back from a stay at the Mayan Palace in Nuevo but my soon to be step-father just bought a lifetime timeshare thing at Playa Del Sol Grand in Nuevo. We spent two days there and it was beautiful, very far from town and takes a hell of a long time to get there because of the speed bumps but very beautiful. The aqua bar was great and when it is all finished being built it will be amazing but I won't get to go back down for four years due to an enlistment in the Army starting in July after I graduate high school.

tackitikibar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by tackitikibar » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:47 am

Thanks Joe for the information. You keep yourself safe in the service. I have a nephew who is in the army stationed in the state of Washington. Good Luck and our prayers are always with you.

E Chick

Playa del sol Grande

Post by E Chick » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:28 pm

Loved it! The resort is new and clean, a beautiful pool, and gorgeous beach with no vendors. If you want vendors just walk north or south about 5 min and you will find them. The food was excellent at the resort and in Bucerais. The staff wonderful. It is quiet except for the construction in phase 2 going on but it was no big deal. If you are looking for peace and realxation this is it. It is a great place for families, my 7, 9, and 12 yr old loved the place. If you are looking for parties , wet t shirt contests and all day shooters don't go. Stay in town where the action is or at an AI. Feel free to email me any other questions I would be happy to help out.

clinta74

Post by clinta74 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:53 pm

Also as for grocerys, there is a super at the Paradise Village center on the south side. I found it fairly reasonable for food and a good place to get tortillas.