PV at the end of August

Weather, money, general tips, help and more... your Puerto Vallarta trip made easy.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sa_chicago
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
PV at the end of August

Post by sa_chicago » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:20 pm

Has anyone been to PV at the end of August? Can you tell me what the weather is like as well as the nightlife. I've read that some places are closed?

Thanks!

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:37 pm

I've never personally been at the end of August but I can tell you that the weather will be hot and humid with maybe a shower in the late afternoon or evening. There will be many restaurants closed but with 800+ restaurants there will still be many that are open, maybe not for every meal or even everyday but you will definately be able to find something.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:26 am

I have been the end of August and Palapa Gal is right it is hot and humid with a good chance of late afternoon/early evening rain. I have never found the clubs to be closed but it will be quiet since the kids are back in school. I have never run out of resturants to eat at even though quite a few might be closed for their vacation or painting, etc. before the high season starts.

Have fun, drink LOTS of water and pack lots of sunscreen.

ovinpv
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ovinpv » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:05 pm

I just returned from a week in PV Tuesday. It was very hot and humid.
Some days were just plain miserable but it didn't keep us from having fun.
Even the locals were complaining about the heat. Some restaurants were closed but there are still many open. Most of them had very few people in them. No lines!! Most of the clubs were open. Thank goodness we had air conditioning in the condo we stayed at. We had lots of thunder and lighting but not very much rain. It was beautiful.

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

August heat

Post by coorslightman » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:23 am

This will be my 4th trip to PV and we are here every year in Aug.,Sept, and Oct. Its a little humid but compared to the humidity in Virginia its not bad. Just be in A/C or by the pool or on the beach under cover between 11 am and 2 pm and you'll be fine. It's usually rainy season in Aug. and Sept. with a shower somewhere between 4 -6 pm.It cools down the evenings.You know when the rains coming for the rumbling in the mountains. I just love to hear it! That what the Siestas are for anyway in the afternoons. Thats why you wear nothing but shorts,bathing suits, cotton or terry cloth shirts or t-shirts and sandals all the time. One of these years I'll be down here during the winter. Won't be long as I am retiring Dec. 14, 2007 at the ripe old age of 49. I'll be a snowwbird for 6 months a year if I don't move down there!!! Anyway enjoy your trip and beat the heat!!! It could be worse. You could be hot somewhere else besides PV!!! YOUR AMIGO, ROBERTO

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

August heat

Post by coorslightman » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:41 am

My friends coming with me on Sept.2-16 are from Chicago and they enjoy it no matter what month it is. They are Ken and Jan from North Barrington, Illinois. Look for us on the docks Sept. 4,7,11 & 14. Hopefully we will have some big Yellow Fin Tuna and Dorado, Red Snapper and a nice Marlin. Well the Marlin we release but if its edible its going to be eaten. Either down in Puerto Vallarta or in Chicago or Richmond,Va. I took almost 90 lbs. of Yellowfin Tuna and Red Snapper back last year and have about 5-10 lbs. left. We have a big Tropical party at my house every year when I get back. We cooked 50 tuna fillets last year and that wasn't even half of it. We also do Seafood boils with clams,mussels,shrimp,corn and red potatoes and this year we are flying in as guests this year 50 Lobsters from Maine!!! Hey Mogens,see if you and the wife can pass through Virginia around that time of year. This years gathering will be October 7,2006. Everyone enjoy themselves and hope to see you in PV Sept. 2-16. I'll be staying at Villa Del Palmar the first week and next door at Villa Del Mar the second week.Until then Mi Amigos!!!! .....................Roberto

coorslightman
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

August heat

Post by coorslightman » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:44 am

My friends coming with me on Sept.2-16 are from Chicago and they enjoy it no matter what month it is. They are Ken and Jan from North Barrington, Illinois. Look for us on the docks Sept. 4,7,11 & 14. Hopefully we will have some big Yellow Fin Tuna and Dorado, Red Snapper and a nice Marlin. Well the Marlin we release but if its edible its going to be eaten. Either down in Puerto Vallarta or in Chicago or Richmond,Va. I took almost 90 lbs. of Yellowfin Tuna and Red Snapper back last year and have about 5-10 lbs. left. We have a big Tropical party at my house every year when I get back. We cooked 50 tuna fillets last year and that wasn't even half of it. We also do Seafood boils with clams,mussels,shrimp,corn and red potatoes and this year we are flying in as guests this year 50 Lobsters from Maine!!! Hey Mogens,see if you and the wife can pass through Virginia around that time of year. This years gathering will be October 7,2006. Everyone enjoy themselves and hope to see you in PV Sept. 2-16. I'll be staying at Villa Del Palmar the first week and next door at Villa Del Mar the second week.Until then Mi Amigos!!!! .....................Roberto