TWO MUST SEE or DO's IN PV?

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

TexasReb
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
TWO MUST SEE or DO's IN PV?

Post by TexasReb » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:33 am

In your opinion what are the two MUST SEE or MUST DOs in PV?

two years ago I did the Dune Buggy ride (on equipment that didn't want to run) and the Show on the other side of the bay (mediocre food and bad drinks).

I have done a canopy tour in Costa Rica and loved it.

So, in your experience what are the MUST DOs in PV?

Thanks,
Texas Reb

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:06 am

Drink Tequila and Cuban Rum, and watch the Mexicans. Kathy would say Drink Tequila and Cuban Rum and SHOP! Chuck... 8)

ps: scarry thought; as a U.S. Citizen, could I get in trouble from the U.S. officials for drinking Cuban rum? :shock:

TexasReb
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Cuban Rum

Post by TexasReb » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:26 pm

charlieb wrote:Drink Tequila and Cuban Rum, and watch the Mexicans. Kathy would say Drink Tequila and Cuban Rum and SHOP! Chuck... 8)

ps: scarry thought; as a U.S. Citizen, could I get in trouble from the U.S. officials for drinking Cuban rum? :shock:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I still have Tequila left from my last trip to PV (anejo), have smoked more cuban's than I should have and drank cuban rum in Costa Rica last year! I may have even brought a bottle back but I can't remember for sure as there might be a retired federal investigator reading this. LOL.

Any other ideas out there.

We are seriously considering the ATV tour and for sure the bull fights although I don't think that the PV bull fights will compare to the Madrid bull fight that I attended a few years back.

Reb

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Things to do

Post by webmaster » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:40 pm

I'd say a day trip to the Marietas for a snorkel or even better a scuba dive. A day trip to the southern beaches, Majahuitas, Yelapa or some place like that. For fun and dance, the night time Pirate trip is great and for romance and fun the Rhythms of the Night tour is great. For free fun a few outings to the Malecón is an excellent option.

You'll have fun no matter what.

Greetings

Mogens
Webhamster

Deb1741
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Deb1741 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:22 am

For me, the #1 thing to do in Puerto Vallarta is the Malecon. Since we were staying at the Hotel Rosita we were able to walk it every morning and every night. I never grew tired of it. We saw something different each day. The Sand Art is unbelievable. My most favorite part of the Malecon was observing the wonderful spirit of the many Mexican families taking part in the activities at night. The street performers were entertaining along with the awesome food that we had the opportunity to buy from the many booths set up. When we go back (hopefully soon) the Malecon will be the first thing we go see.
Deb

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:33 pm

Along with the Malecon and others already mentioned, A snorkle trip with Vallarta adventures to the Marietas Islands and slide down the waterfall at El Set, a jungle restraunt above Mismaloya.
Oops, Mogens already mentioned the snorkle trip, so I'll add the swamp tour in San Blas to see wild crocodiles and some of the over 300 species of birds and other wildlife. It's a long bus ride, but worth it.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:33 am

Just a little side note... if you book a private operator for a water tour, make sure you get on the right boat.

Joyce

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:33 pm

Joyce,

At least you got on a boat!!! :lol:

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:08 pm

hahahaha funny one Kat!!! You can expect some pictures via email.

Joyce

wanttogotopv
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by wanttogotopv » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:59 am

royal dolphin swim in nuevo and los veranos canopy tour or las caletas.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:57 am

DELETED

zaksam321
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by zaksam321 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:28 pm

Get off the beaten path!

Yelapa - Water taxis from the marina will take you there or get a taxi to take you to Mismaloya beach, enjoy a couple drinks, and then take a water taxi from there. Ask for Roberto. Hes been taking me out for 18 years! Plenty of places to fish and snorkel along the way and Roberto knows them all. Yelapa beach is one of Vallarta's finest. There is BARELY even a road to it. Great seafood and drinks on a great beach. Walk up to the waterfall its breathtaking.

Sayulita - Awesome surfing on a superb beach in a charming little Mexican town. Theres no gas station and they just got their first ATM installed last week. Get the Tigres to give you a surf lesson. This IS Mexico.

El Eden - The film set of the original Predator movie. This is located in the mountains above Mismaloya. Taxis will take you up but I always take this opportunity to rent a Jeep. Its a winding dirt road which cuts thru mountains and lush jungle. The views on the trip up are AMAZING. Slide off the waterfall but be careful because I shattered my foot there in 2002. Call me crazy but two years later I was sliding off again. Also there is the best canopy tour in PV here.

I know thats three but after 18 years and over 6 months total time in PV these are my absolute favorites.

Have fun!

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

El Eden... boring... yawn

Post by webmaster » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:00 pm

I like the two first options you mention too, but I've never really seen the attraction of El Eden... went there and found it incredibly boring. I'm sure that the cloudy day didn't help either, but is it really that interesting?... :-)

Greetings

Mogens

zaksam321
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by zaksam321 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:01 pm

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I do find it to be alot of fun. For me a lot of that is driving the Jeep up and the views on the way. I also love the jungle back there. I think its really neat how cool it is under that jungle canopy and next to the river. This is great on those scorcher days you get sometimes in June. Its appeal was greatly increased with the canopy tour. It took a hell of a lot of guts to do that after spending 3 days of my vacation at MedAssist but it was well worth it. Have you done the canopy tour out there?

On many occasions I have gone to one place or another around PV and had a sub par time only to return a few years later and have a totally different experience. I think that the mood you and/or your fellow travelers are in can have a great deal of influence.

It doesnt hold a candle to Yelapa or Sayulita though! :)

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:26 pm

Aha, a canopy there, well, that changes the panorama a bit... then it deserves another try next time. Thanks for the info and update.

Greetings

Mogens

jenniferlt
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by jenniferlt » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:01 am

Take a water taxi to Yelapa and eat pie from the pie lady on the beach with your fingers.

The flea market and Malecon and just walking around the town tie for second for me.