Does anyone know...

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

Gina182
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Does anyone know...

Post by Gina182 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:46 pm

Does anyone know a tour guide by the name of Reinhardt? We go to Puerto Vallarta every year and we found him on the beach last summer offering small tours. We were skeptical but decided to try it out. He took us all over for great snorkeling and a hike to a waterfall. It was a very private and intimate tour and we'd love to go again since we're bringing a different set of friends along. We will be heading there mid July and would love to know if anyone has contact info for him. He gave us his card but we can't seem to find it now :(. He's a tan (German?) gentleman with blue eyes and white hair.

Thanks!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:19 am

Gina,
If he was German with blue eyes and white hair selling tours on the beach my bet is he was/is a timeshare guy moonlighting on the side. July is a slow month for timeshare sales.

The permits to sell tours on the beach are issued only to "Mexican Nationals" by the Federal Govt. Think about it, did you ever see a Gringo vendor wearing all white and selling on the beach? He was/is what the locals call a "pirate". I bet he was not wearing all white either. You might find him around in the same area but they usually move around to dodge the inspectors that check the beach for illegal sellers.

I am not saying he wasn't a nice guy and didn't give you guys a good tour but those are the guys they try to keep off the beach, because as you said your were a little skeptical, they are the ones that most often rip the tourists off.

femme
PV Fan
PV Fan

reinhardt

Post by femme » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:57 pm

Reinhardt is a nice german guy married to a mexican lady from tepic,you can find smiley reinhardt no problem 5 doors down from senor frogs in his storefront location. I'll be passing by there today and get you some more information if needed

the last persons comments are pretty correct though when it comes to permits issued for tours.
right hookedonpv?

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Tours

Post by Jennybean » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:50 pm

Short walk from there to your restaurant each day, eh Bruce?

Gina182
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Gina182 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:00 pm

Thanks so much for the info everyone! I look forward to getting his contact info. Our trip is in three weeks!

He was actually wearing white and did have permits but we were still unsure of what we were actually getting into. After the day was over, we were completely satisfied with our tour and felt like we got a lot for the money compared to other tours we have been on...every summer since 1983.

I am well aware of those timeshare scammers. We have had our mishaps with them before. Thanks for the heads up though. Any info is helpful.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Tours

Post by Jennybean » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:57 pm

Just make sure whomever you use, you ask to see their permit for selling the tours so you know you have a level of legitimacy.
:)

There have been many stories circulating in the last couple of years about tourists buying tickets on the beach and elsewhere from who they assumed to be "legit" vendors, only to show up for their tour and find out from the company running the tour that their ticket is bogus.

The only beach vendors I've bought tours from are the guys/gals who work at that small station at Los Muertos pier and walk the beach in that area - their credentials are prominently displayed (permits, ID, etc) and so they are not hard to spot. I've never had a problem with anything I've picked up from them.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:48 am

He was actually wearing white and did have permits but we were still unsure of what we were actually getting into.
My point being....he is not licensed to sell on the beach, the vendors on the beach pay for their permits, just like people pay rent to sell in a store front location. So why would he wear all white and go to the beach to sell if he was not trying to get away with something he wasn't supposed to be doing (if he has a store front location he is not required to wear all white). The govt. does not issue permits for store front owners to go down to the beach and sell.

The vendors don't come up and try to take his customers by standing infront of his store and selling tours but if that is the kind of business the guy wants to run maybe they should start, I am sure they would appreciate being able to be in the shade out of the hot sun with a place to sit.

Again not saying that he is not a nice guy and that he did not give you what you paid for, I just question his business ethics.

femme
PV Fan
PV Fan

attached

Post by femme » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:00 am

just thought i would ask if you and katnsocal aka hooked on pv are attached at the hip or otherwise? You two never ask questions and have all of the correct answers. Please don't make an assumption as such, it really make you look less flattering

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:57 am

Now you done it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjlRFiO5_yc

PS: There could be a third one out there too!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:56 am

the last persons comments are pretty correct though when it comes to permits issued for tours.
You two never ask questions and have all of the correct answers.
An your point was, that I had the right answers? I have been in business in PV long before you ever showed your face there so it would stand to reason that I would know the correct answers that are related to MY BUSINESS.

Go scrub a potato Bruce (femme, poppin' fresh, chef pelon, CrazyaboutPV, or all the various other names you post under) or find something to keep yourself occupied besides following JB and I around on every PV board looking for a fight. It is getting really old. No matter where either one of us goes or what we post you follow and start your little personal agenda of attacks on one or both of us. You really need to get a life.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:34 am

I don't know if you are right or wrong on assuming that it is Bruce posting as someone else.. I hope it is not. But with the risk of hijacking the subject into a different subject, I do think that there are too many people on various boards posting under numerous names just to muddy the waters, or egg someone on.

To prevent the chances of this happening, I sure wish that Mogens enabled the admin function to prevent the same ip address from having more than one registered name. (or address) I'm sure it would prevent quite a few from having multiple personalities on this board. You've been on this board a lot longer than I have, and so I'm sure you know the 'actors' better. I think it's pretty ignorant on their part.

I read an article that suggested people who were uncouth, racist or harbored beliefs bordering on what we could consider 'hate' crimes (target women, gays, homeless, uneducated, etc) registered and posted under multiple names on bulletin boards to post their real personality, but I still think it could also be a good deal of anger, greed, jealousy, a lack of self esteem or personal ethics....maybe even penis envy.

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:08 pm

ronald wrote:I don't know if you are right or wrong on assuming that it is Bruce posting as someone else.. I hope it is not. But with the risk of hijacking the subject into a different subject, I do think that there are too many people on various boards posting under numerous names just to muddy the waters, or egg someone on.

To prevent the chances of this happening, I sure wish that Mogens enabled the admin function to prevent the same ip address from having more than one registered name. (or address) I'm sure it would prevent quite a few from having multiple personalities on this board. You've been on this board a lot longer than I have, and so I'm sure you know the 'actors' better. I think it's pretty ignorant on their part.

I read an article that suggested people who were uncouth, racist or harbored beliefs bordering on what we could consider 'hate' crimes (target women, gays, homeless, uneducated, etc) registered and posted under multiple names on bulletin boards to post their real personality, but I still think it could also be a good deal of anger, greed, jealousy, a lack of self esteem or personal ethics....maybe even penis envy.
Yes Yes it's the last one for me Ronald!! :lol: :wink:

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:32 pm

To prevent the chances of this happening, I sure wish that Mogens enabled the admin function to prevent the same ip address from having more than one registered name.
Well, that would work just fine if they used the same ip but in Bruce's (femme) case he has used 10 different ips in 22 posts and not one of them match any of the other names he has used in the past.

And since the cat is out of the bag, I have a question for you Bruce.
When you first started posting under femme and I asked you if it was you why did you lie to me and tell me it wasn't you and that I had the wrong person? Image Not a smart move.

Gina182
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

?

Post by Gina182 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:38 pm

Wow...I'm not sure where this conversation is leading or what it's even about anymore since I'm new to this forum. Don't want to cause a cat fight. That video is brutal :wink:. I was just looking for some contact info for this man. Maybe we'll run into him anyhow.

tojol57

Time out

Post by tojol57 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:07 pm

first off, Gina you didn't start anything, you asked your question, people came out to give you what is their honest opinion for your question. there is this ongoing fued between certain members of this board as well as other boards that we all frequent. most of us keep our same names and handles with maybe a slight deviation but you can see tojol57 here and Trip Advisor as well as Kat and Jennybean as well as JR's board, Brenda's board, and others... but there is this one rogue player that has alienated so many people in his/her life, and has attacked them with malice and had absolutely no clue what he/she was talking about. so please do not think for one moment you started this ok...

Ronald, i love your psychological profile on this. excellent, especially the final comment, perfect perfect....

now back to our regularly scheduled programming.... :wink: :lol: 8)

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

IP banning

Post by webmaster » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:19 pm

IP banning does not work for people that connect via modem, you get a new IP assigned each time you connect, it's not that easy to go round changing your IP at will (IP Spoofing).

Greetings

Mogens

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:12 pm

I am not defending Bruce here but I am very curious...
If the ip's are all different how do you know for sure that the poster is Bruce not someone trying to pin it on him by maybe cloning his writing style etc?

Again just curious...

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:56 pm

I am not defending Bruce here but I am very curious...
If the ip's are all different how do you know for sure that the poster is Bruce not someone trying to pin it on him by maybe cloning his writing style etc?
My best answer to that would be that the majority of us have a life and do not need to spend hours on end trying to clone someone else or pin something on someone else. His history speaks for itself, he has posted under too many different names to even remotely think that someone is trying to pin something on him. Every post is the same challange to the same people, it does not take a master's degree to figure it out.

Again Gina, you did not start anything, please don't feel that you did. You asked an honest question and for that you have no blame in what ensued. Everything was going fine as far as information you were recieving until "femme" decided to drag his dirty laundry in here from a post on the trip advisor board.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:22 pm

Yup, Gina, nothing to worry about, from now on people will keep on subject in this thread or the posts will be deleted or edited.

Ave Mogens! the dictator admin has spoken!

I've sent a PM or two to related parties.

And yes, there is a chance these is some error in determining identity, but all things considered there is a good chance the suppositions are right, specially as few people try to take things to a personal level on a forum if they don't know each other for a long time.

Anyway, back on subject, I do not know a tour guide by the name of Reinhardt... nor does he know me either, for sure :-)

Greetings

Mogens

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Tours

Post by smitty » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:34 pm

Way to go Mogens ! :) Heavy is the head that wears the crown . Image