Bucerias day trip

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tpoid
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Bucerias day trip

Post by tpoid » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:35 pm

We are thinking of a day trip to Bucerias. Where are the best places on the beach that have chairs, umbrellas and restrooms that can be used during the day. Where should we eat lunch? Is there a place we can get changed so that we can go out to dinner and hang around in town? Dinner suggestions? How late do the buses run back to the marina? Thanks for the help?

Weezie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Weezie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi: We stay at the Royal Decameron which is walking distance to Bucerias. As far as I know there is no place that rents or has beach chairs. There are restaurants on the beach, but do not rent chairs. Bucerias is a fairly large town, with lots of stores and restaurants and a fairly large flea market, but it is very different from the old part of Vallarta.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:09 pm

I don't remember the name of the restaraunt but if you go from the main plaza in front of the church towards the beach and go right at the beach, it's the 1st place you come to. We had a lunch of delicious shrimp ceviche tostados overlooking a beautiful strand of beach.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:27 am

It's been a couple of years since I have been there, but at that time pretty much all of the beach restaurants in the downtown area had chairs on the beach and as long as you ordered some drinks or whatever you could sit there. We usually have lunch and some drinks and spend the entire afternoon and into the early evening.

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

hey Pat,

Post by roowie » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:47 am

St Charles? Hi neighbor, Fenton here. Wanted to ask you,since you are familiar with Bucerias, would that be a better trip for a day at the beach than Yelapa? It sounds like it is easier to get to. Or is Yelapa worth the extra expense/effort of the water taxi?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:59 am

Roowie,
Bucerias and Yelapa are like apples and oranges, two entirely different experiences. Since Yelapa is only accessible by boat it has an entirely different feel (think small village) vs. a small mexican town with traffic, taxis, buses. The water taxi is not that much of a hassle just go to the pier at Los Muertos and buy a ticket, just make sure you make the last water taxi back or you will most likely be spending the night there, (unless you can find a local that wants to make some $$$ by taking you back to PV). If you go to Yelapa make sure you walk through the little village and up to the waterfall, in other words don't just sit on the beach under an umbrella or you won't get the real feel of Yelapa and don't pass up the pie the pie lady sells on the beach, it is to die for.

tpoid
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

water taxi

Post by tpoid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:11 pm

We are staying in the Marina. Is there a water taxi to Bucerias from there or is the bus my best option?

How about going to Yelapa from the marina area, what are my options?

Thanks,
Tom

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

thanks kat

Post by roowie » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:52 pm

Thanks for the scoop. I am not at all familiar with Bucerias, but I did spend time researching Yelapa, and I am leaning towards going there for a day. I agree that to experience it, I want to walk, see the waterfall, maybe rent a horse, eat at one of the little restaurants there.
I am staying at GCP, near the cruise ship marina. I understand that this is NOT the marina to catch a water taxi to Yelapa at. Where is the marina that you CAN catch a water taxi to Yelapa?
Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with me. It is appreciated.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:00 am

Catch the water taxi at the pier on Los Muertos beach, south of Rio Cuale.

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by beachluvr » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:34 pm

- from the marina area bus or taxi to bucerias (bus cheaper).
- first restaurant from town sq. in bucerias is adrianos i believe, walk
past all before settling for one; many great selections,
upper side of street as well
- los muertos to yelapa; yes........marina to yelapa; not sure
- if looking for afternoon at beach with simple restaurant / beer / cocktails,
desteladeras beach is just a few miles past la cruz.....beautiful.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:03 pm

Roowie, I just saw this and totally missed your post. Fenton, wow! I am going to send you a pm. Some of us have been thinking of a St. Louis get together.

Kat was right about the difference between Bucerias and Yelapa. Getting out on the water is a delight if you are not already planning to do so on some of the tours. The water taxi ride can be quite exciting in itself. Bucerias, is a great place for a beach day though, and you can wonder through town as well. You could do Bucerias and still have time to do some other things the same day. One day whne we had a rented car we shopped and strolled around Bucerias early, went on to Sayulita (had some beach time and lunch), came back to El Anclote for a sunset drink and then had dinner back in Bucerias before heading home in the hotel zone. It was a fun day. When I go to Yelapa, that is pretty much it for the day, but a very fun day. Usually too tired for more than a simple dinner (of course I am getting old, haha) afterward.

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

restaurant

Post by Arizona Karen » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:44 pm

We enjoyed Claudio's at Mason Bay in Bucerias. Great food, on the beach and we entertained ourselves by starting a conga line and the kitchen staff came out to help with a limbo competition.

Have a great time.