Las Caletas or Marietas Island and Which Tour Company

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

cas4075
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Las Caletas or Marietas Island and Which Tour Company

Post by cas4075 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:14 am

Hello to all. My husband and I are going to PV and to Sayulita for 10 days over Thanksgiving. I've been to PV several times but the last time was over 10 years ago. His 1st time. We would like to take a boat tour that includes snorkeling and kayaking. Any recommendations on which tour company to use and which locations is best? Vallarta Adventures looks like a good company but their boats seem huge (150 people). Something smaller sounds better. Perhaps even a sail boat or catamaran. Thanks for any input.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:31 pm

Geronimo is a 40' sailing catamaran with a friendly crew and more laid back atmosphere. They go out to Marietas Islands for snorkling then on the way back in stop at a secluded beach on the north side of the bay to hang out and relax a while. I don't remember them carrrying kayaks though. Vallarta Adventures is a lot of fun and in november it's early for the season so it's usually no where near full unless a cruise ship is in.

cas4075
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by cas4075 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:38 pm

Thanks David. I will check that out.

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

options

Post by Arizona Karen » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Depending on how much time you'd like to snorkel and kayak, the Marigilante (Pirate Ship) has a day time tour which allows for time at a beach for kayaking and snorkeling nearby. It's a nice tour although the pirate daytime show is a little corny. They have good food, serving breakfast and lunch.

Have a great time.