Parasailing Cost?

Questions or tips on tours, excursions, ecotourism and activities.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Sea, Land, Air - Be Careful

Post by smitty » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:11 pm

I'm another "chicken" that prefers to watch the parasailing activities. A few years back we were staying at Qualton Club and met a fellow at the bar who looked like he had been put through a wood chipper . He'd been on one of the wave runners and got tangled up in a parasailing line. Not only did he have his injuries and medical expenses to deal with - but the wave runner was damaged and he was being pursued over that.

The hotels all have big disclaimer notices about these activities . So make sure you have adequate out of country medical coverage . Weigh the risks and enjoy your holiday . :)

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Sea, Land, Air - Be Careful

Post by stew » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:40 pm

The hotels all have big disclaimer notices about these activities . So make sure you have adequate out of country medical coverage . Weigh the risks and enjoy your holiday . :)[/quote]

I understand several of the chain hotels offer discounts on body bags for shipping the cadavor home.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:10 am

stew wrote: I understand several of the chain hotels offer discounts on body bags for shipping the cadavor home.
That attempt at humour, isn't even remotely funny, and makes your previous points/concerns far less valid than they would be without comments like this. Now you sound irrational.

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by stew » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:22 am

winterpegman wrote:
stew wrote: I understand several of the chain hotels offer discounts on body bags for shipping the cadaver home.
That attempt at humor, isn't even remotely funny, and makes your previous points/concerns far less valid than they would be without comments like this. Now you sound irrational.
You just can not stop can You? Must you always have the last word? The point is the your recommendation is Macabre & I was using sarcasm to point that out, but that may be over your head. Both you & my old amigo Tom used necessary risks (I.E. Airline flights, Auto driving ETC ) to justify Parasailing. The big difference is PS IS NOT NECESSARY for any one & is not regulated!. Your irresponsibility is far more dangerous then my sarcasm IMO. I certainly hope for their's & your sakes no one is killed or injured because of you very bad advise! Frankly for a host who is supposedly here to keep things running smoothly I am very disappointed in you.
P.S. Please have the courage to leave my post up rather then erasing [posts you disagree with like you have before!

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

WELLLLLLL

Post by ronald » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:38 am

Boy are you two lucky our flight is full, or I would take both of you along for the kids rate.

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

good points

Post by rcracing » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:38 am

obviously there have been great points made by all parties on this subject. yes, there is considerable risk.....yes, it is extremely fun. i think that as long as a person realizes the possible risks, than they can make an educated call as to whether or not to parasail. my feeling is that people take extreme risks all the time but it is a judgement call on their part as to if they want to take the risk. i'm not afraid to say that i did it and i loved it but i knew the risk before i went and yes i had heard horror stories before going. i guess you could say that i was betting that i would not be one of the numerous injured and/or killed doing this, but it was my choice. thinking about it now... i compare it to my 17 year old son, i can talk to him til i'm blue in the face but he's still going to do what he is going to do. i just hope that i provide him enough information so that he can make his own educated decisions. basically people need to realize that there is a risk in parasailing and decide if they are willing to take that risk...some will and some won't. can we get a big group hug now because i hate seeing some of our most informative people bickering?

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Group Hug

Post by smitty » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:33 pm

There you go ! I feel better already . :D

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:11 pm

>:)< >:)<

I think everybody added quite a bit to this subject... valid or not, received or not, but i still think to each their own. As i stated i have visited with the same guys year after year at the GCP that provide parasailing activities, i also know the Santana boys very well that have the wave runners by the GCP... Manuel and Admiral are constantly working on them making sure they work properly, Fausto also makes sure they have things running right... I guess you just have to make those decisions on your own...

The only place that i know that has "body bags" available at the resort, are the one's in Jamaica... as people like to "experiment" with a lot of the local customs that the Rastas have done...

8) Tom

rapid
PV Fan
PV Fan

Look yourself then decide

Post by rapid » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:57 pm

http://community.webshots.com/user/rapidtales (hanging for life) this was next door to us.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Hanging from the sky crane

Post by ronald » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:10 am

Boy, that sure would set the mood for the evening, wouldn't it.

tojol57

Holy Crap Batman

Post by tojol57 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:19 am

Hello winged warrior... interesting to say the least... i sure wouldn't be walking under this person due to "falling debris from bodily functions". Looks like a hang glider gone bad as well... and speaking of ... never mind don't want to start another thread of words on this topic... but as they say "blank" happens....

great pictures... 8) tom

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:24 pm

stew wrote:
winterpegman wrote:
stew wrote: I understand several of the chain hotels offer discounts on body bags for shipping the cadaver home.
That attempt at humor, isn't even remotely funny, and makes your previous points/concerns far less valid than they would be without comments like this. Now you sound irrational.
You just can not stop can You? Must you always have the last word? The point is the your recommendation is Macabre & I was using sarcasm to point that out, but that may be over your head. Both you & my old amigo Tom used necessary risks (I.E. Airline flights, Auto driving ETC ) to justify Parasailing. The big difference is PS IS NOT NECESSARY for any one & is not regulated!. Your irresponsibility is far more dangerous then my sarcasm IMO. I certainly hope for their's & your sakes no one is killed or injured because of you very bad advise! Frankly for a host who is supposedly here to keep things running smoothly I am very disappointed in you.
P.S. Please have the courage to leave my post up rather then erasing [posts you disagree with like you have before!
Listen Stew, and listen VERY carefully. I have NEVER erased one of your posts because I didn't agree with it. Read it again NEVER. One more time, because you don't seem to understand I HAVE NEVER DELETED ANY OF YOUR POSTS. Is it getting through yet? Good.

As far as you giving yourself the ok to post what you did, because it was sarcasm, and my "recommendation was macabre"... :roll: Please, don't flatter yourself. Nothing you've said, or likely will, is going to "escape me".

You are entitled to feel however you like Stew, and you are further entitled to share your opinion on whatever matter you like. As am I.

I'm not concerned with your "disappointment" in me is a moderator. My views on any given topic are my own, and not the board's. As well, you really have no clue as to what the moderator's do to ensure that things DO run smoothly, but go ahead, please share your uninformed opinion.

I do not, and will not, discourage debate, or disagreement on ANY topic, provided there is civility, and logic.

What I'M disappointed in, is your inability to comprehend that you are (and how many times have you read me say this?) attempting to discredit a whole industry, based on YOUR personal opinion, which in turn is based on generalizations, while mine is based on A SINGLE OPERATION.

Now let's move on shall we?

This thread is now locked before we both say something we may,or may not, regret saying.