Vacation Condo Rental

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

ritavic
PV Fan
PV Fan

Vacation Condo Rental

Post by ritavic » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:05 pm

My family of 4 prefers vacations in condos. Are their any good suggestions? I've read about all the different PV areas (Hotel Zone, Marina...) and I'm not sure where to start.

zaksam321
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by zaksam321 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:27 pm

SouthSiiiiide!!!

Zona Romantica

Of course I am biased.

Playa del Sol Costa Sur - Ive been an owner for 10 years. Two pools. Decent beach but a little rocky. Great family atmosphere as most the owners have been coming back for years. I see the same people I see every year for 16 years. Its has a great charm.

Dreams - Visited here many times. Its quite nice. Fantastic beach. A little "touristy".

La Jolla de Mismaloya - Has had some issues in the past few months with a virus but I havnt read anything more about it lately so maybe its cleared up. Note there are two buildings. The one on the beach is all inclusive and a bit "touristy". The ones on the cliff are individually owned and alot more private. One of the best area beaches. Great launching point to get to some of the beaches that are only accessible by boat. Set of "Night of the Iguana".

Lindo Mar - Neat little condos on a small charming beach.

Ocho Cascadas - Eight open air condos palapa style. The ocean air blows up the mountain giving a constant nice ocean breeze. Each condo has its own small pool which cascades into the condo of the pool below giving it its name "Ocho Cascadas / Eight Cascades". The view of the Bay is stunning.

I have stayed in all of these at least once. I beleive all of them have their own websites. Google is your best friend!

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Vista Del Sol, Plaza Mar and La Palapa are other south side condos. We have been renting a condo in that area for several years now, close walking distance to restaurants, bars and shopping. Downtown and the Malecón (boardwalk along the beach) are a short walk north over the pedestrian bridge.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Condos

Post by Jennybean » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:38 pm

Also to add to Ted's list:

Plaza Dorada
El Dorado
Playa del Sol Los Muertos
Playa Bonita

These are all on the beach. If you hit some of the condo rental websites you will find a myriad of places as well not far from the beach on the south side, specifically in the Conchas Chinas area.

The Costa Sur and LJDMismaloya may be way too far south for you if you want to partake of the actual city on a daily basis. I wouldn't go any further south than the Lindo Mar myself, IF you can get in (it's a timeshare resort property and the only rentals available are generally via their owner Trading Places or through a trade with another timeshare company such as RCI - this property is never privately rented by owner or third party as the units are not privately owned).

I recommend sites like Vacation Rentals By Owner as they have a ton of listings for the above noted ownership condo properties, plus others in the area.

ritavic
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ritavic » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:50 pm

Thanks so much. I've been on several sites. Bay View Grand seems to be the one that pops up most. It's a high rise. Not exactly what I like, but, I'm open minded at this point. Thanks for the help!

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Try Los Tules

Post by marcos » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:19 pm

Although I am a big fan of the South Side, I owned a time-share at Los Tules for 20+ years and I really like the property.

You're right across the street from the Plaza Caracol shopping mall and the Gigante grocery store so shopping for groceries is a breeze. Plus, you're only a short bus (or taxi) ride from downtown for dinners out, etc.

You can rent directly from the resort or you should be able to find condos thru various services such as e-bay, rentalo, etc.

gringogrosso
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by gringogrosso » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:04 pm

also like Los tules, stayed there a few years ago, beautiful spot

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by Contessa » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:02 am

I don't know what your family of four is made up of... if it has children under 16 there are a few limitations.. for example, Plaza Mar doesn't accept children under 16 I believe...

I agree... south side for adults... i can't comment if you have small children......... :)

VallartaAddict
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by VallartaAddict » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:34 pm

I own at Villas Loma Linda. Small complex (20 units) mostly 2 bedroom, 2 bath (sleeps 6) on the hill in Conchas Chinas. Spacious old charm, nice pool and only a 5-10 minute walk to Zona Romantica. If you aren't going in high season, there is usually always room and it's affordable.
Good luck in your search :)

ritavic
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ritavic » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:33 pm

Sorry I already booked one. I was finding so many of them already rented that I started to Panic. I'm going Easter week so it's high season. I really appreciate the reply though. RC

VallartaAddict
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by VallartaAddict » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:43 pm

No problem--I wasn't offering mine! :) The two weeks I own only covers about a third of the time I spend in PV each year, but was wanting to offer that resort as an option if any of the other excellent suggestions didn't pan out. You are smart to book early for spring break. Have a good trip and use this great board for whetting your Mexico appetite in the meanwhile.
Lynn