GCP - November 2007

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lorrieann1
PV Fan
PV Fan
GCP - November 2007

Post by lorrieann1 » Fri May 25, 2007 2:59 am

Greetings Posters E)E

My husband and I are staying at GCP in November and wanted to know more about the general area. Our first trip to PV was in '05 and we stayed at Dreams which is a ways out from the Downtown area. We are curious as to what types of sites are within walking distance, best place to find a good margarita...basically all of the important stuff!!

Thanks.

Mike & Lorrie

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri May 25, 2007 1:10 pm

Hello Mike and Lorrie (and Lorrie you spell your name correctly - My wife's name is Lorrie as well)....

Welcome to the PV.net BB and welcome to the GCP family... We have been to this resort 11 times over the last 9 years and we too are looking at going down in November ....

Well from the GCP you are five - ten minutes by taxi from down town, or 45 minutes by walking to the start of the malecon... you are five minutes from the harbor where the Marigallante and the tour vessels head out from.. there is so much you can do...

check the website here, there is lots of subjects on what to do and not do in Vallarta... if you have any other questions on the GCP just let me know... aka Mr Crown... or my from my wife... Mrs Crown (lojol60 here on the bb)

again welcome...

lorrieann1
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by lorrieann1 » Fri May 25, 2007 8:38 pm

Thanks Mr. Crown!

We are sooo excited. Passports in hand and counting down the days. 2005 was our first trip to PV and we liked it so much we have made a vow to go at least once every other year (pushing towards once a year though!)

We did the Marigalante cruise last time, which was a blast and the husband wants to take the Canopy Tour this time (one of them!). One thing we didn't seem to do was get out and just walk around and see more of the city. Thanks for the tip. I have the next 5 months to read up on things to do and see..........

Tell Lorrie our Mom's must've been pretty smart. It's the only way to spell the name!

Thanks again.

Mike & Lorrie

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri May 25, 2007 8:43 pm

lorrieann1 wrote:Thanks Mr. Crown!

We are sooo excited. Passports in hand and counting down the days. 2005 was our first trip to PV and we liked it so much we have made a vow to go at least once every other year (pushing towards once a year though!)

We did the Marigalante cruise last time, which was a blast and the husband wants to take the Canopy Tour this time (one of them!). One thing we didn't seem to do was get out and just walk around and see more of the city. Thanks for the tip. I have the next 5 months to read up on things to do and see..........

Tell Lorrie our Mom's must've been pretty smart. It's the only way to spell the name!

Thanks again.

Mike & Lorrie

not a problem that is why i am here... and yes i will tell my wife Lorrie...

take care, have a great weekend....

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Fri May 25, 2007 9:25 pm

lorrieann1 wrote:It's the only way to spell the name!
I don't think so. :lol: :wink: :P :D

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Fri May 25, 2007 10:28 pm

palapa_gal wrote:
Dear Short & Sweet Lori,

I have been pressing your button, but so far no free trip to PV. :( Please try to get it working. :wink: :lol:

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Fri May 25, 2007 11:14 pm

palapa_gal wrote:
I don't think so, either. If your name is Laura and you have a nickname like this, Laurie would be the right way to spell it.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat May 26, 2007 7:19 pm

'Course, you don't want to sound like an English truck, do you?

mhahn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mhahn » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:28 am

GCP is in a good location, good food and drinks-just a hop , skip and jump away from where the cruise ships come in, located in what I refer to as a quaint little neighborhood location, beachfront, great staff. My husband and I have been there 9 times, I will be there in Nov also, this time taking my daughters and daughter in law for a girls getaway, then in Dec. hubby and I will be returning once again, thats how great we think the resort is. We always go "downtown" several times and our favorite beach bar is Burros, close to what is referred to as Los Muertos Beach; on the Malecon our favorite Bar is the Zoo, we always do these in the aftrenoon, we are not much into night life in PV, the Zoo does get pretty active after 9pm! Enjoy, just wish Nov wasn't so far off, but time does go by fast, especially the older you get!

pauline2006
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by pauline2006 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:04 pm

I stay at CP Nov/06. Resorts are wonderful.
Kind of disappointed with the surroundings, but it was ok. you walk out of the hotel, turn let, Croswn Paradise, then you hit that marina where the Cruise ships come in. There is a market there with Great priced stuff. Also ther eis an internet cafe. $1 an hour for internet use. And I think it was 10 cents a minuite to call home...Walmart is across the street.
To the right is other hotels. A few of the side street in front of it are kind of rough...but all and all..It was great.
at the CP which you can use is a wonderful huge Jacuzzi pool with a swim up bar..we lived in that...and it was a nice treat at 3am after the Juan Helluva night pub crawl!

Restaurants were GREAT!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:10 pm

looks like we will be coming in on your heels... we have booked our november trip for 17th - 24th... happy happy happy

talk to you soon...