A Vote Please - a 2 day hotel stay in PV

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ritavic
PV Fan
PV Fan
A Vote Please - a 2 day hotel stay in PV

Post by ritavic » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:13 pm

I rented a condo in the Marina area for 7 days. I thought it would be fun to do something completely different for the 2 extra days that will be starting my 9 day trip. Any votes on where to stay? I doubt an AI would accept a 2 day stay, but they're not normally my favorite since I feel they discourage experiencing the town.
Thanks.

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:36 pm

My understanding is that most of the Resorts..Hotels rent rooms by the night whether they be A1 or not... (I could be wrong :) )
I disagree with you in that staying in an A1 will discourage experiencing the town...The only thing holding one back from not getting out of your Resort is oneself.
btw..I prefer A1.. If only going to PV for a week or 2 Some of the best deals are with A1... and I mean not counting food and drinks just the flights and room....
enjoy your extra 2 days... :)

just my humbles :)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:47 pm

i think you should be able to get some pretty decent two nights here and there... the Buenaventura, Hotel Rosita, and maybe even the GCP which would be close to the Marina area and your condo... even check some TS websites and see if anybody is begging for their ownership to be rented for even a couple of days... you might also check the Krystal as well...

good luck, have fun... enjoy

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:54 pm

If you really want something different, check out the Hotel Belmar. That should do it.

mshuckleberrys
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mshuckleberrys » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:56 pm

I like the Romatic zone or old town. Los Arcos Hotel is on the beach and close to allllllll the good eating places, bars and a fun area. Lots of Hotels in that area. Most you can walk in a get a room It is safe and easy to walk anywhere there. Even the Malecon is just a short walk along the bay. Mshuck

ritavic
PV Fan
PV Fan

Keep the suggestions coming!

Post by ritavic » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:56 pm

I really like the idea of being near Molecon and hotels, etc. I don't want to be near the Marina since I am already spending a week there. Thanks for the suggestions, keep the ideas coming!

mhahn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mhahn » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:37 am

Might look into the Tropicana, from what I can tell it is not a real touristy resort, but nice, located right on the beach in the Los Muertos area. We are going to stay there in Dec. for 5 nights for a change before moving on to our tried and true Golden Crown Paradise. We are making our reserations direct with the hotel, but I have read numerous times that making them through Vallartaonline works out well. Google the resort, they do have their own webpage.