Playa Los Arcos

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

Weezie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Playa Los Arcos

Post by Weezie » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:36 pm

We are looking at Playa Los Arcos for our trip in Feb/08 .I would like to know if anyone has stayed at this Hotel and if it is a good place to stay. I have read a few reviews and they are mixed, from excellent to would not return. We have stayed at a few Hotels in PV and also at the (Decameron for the past 6 years. Service was bad the last year.) We would like to stay closer to downtown and this hotel has been suggested. We took a day tour last year and loved the area.

VallartaAddict
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by VallartaAddict » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:37 pm

My personal opinion is that the Playa Los Arcos Hotel is one of those places that looks quaint/charming on the outside but the rooms leave a lot to be desired. I visited a friend there last Spring--in one of their "nicer" rooms and I was rather appalled at the condition and how much he was paying for it. However, I have stayed in the past at the Playa Los Arcos Suites (a sister property across Olas Altas and up the side street) which have access privileges to the Hotel pool and beach, and it was much nicer.
Just my opinion :)
Lynn

Weezie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Playa Los Arcos

Post by Weezie » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:18 pm

Hi: Thanks for the input. In the travel book we have it only shows the rooms in the suites, not any from the Playa Los Arcos. We buy a package that includes air fare and the rate for that hotel is quite reasonable.We do not care too much about the rooms, but we like them clean. The rooms at the Decameron in the main building are old, but clean. I will also talk to our travel agent. Thanks again.

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:57 pm

With all the great restaurants and bars in that area, I suggest you not do the all inclusive option if you were thinking about it.