Golden Crown Newbies...

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

tim25
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Golden Crown Newbies...

Post by tim25 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:01 am

Thanks to all the PR on these boards, the better half and I are going to the GCP on Jan 5 / 07 for the first time. I've been to PV a half dozen times and this will be the better half's second time.

What I'm looking for is recommendations on what to do, who to see, where to eat etc while we're there, especially:

Sunbusters - who/where & how much $?

Andale's - what's the best times to go there (same question for C & C's)

What are the best restaurants on site at the GCP & CPC

I keep hearing about Si Senor's - where is it?

What's the best restaurant for a sunset dinner?

Where is the best place to book activities? (Pirate ship, canopy tours, ATV's etc.)

I know thats a bunch of questions & I have tried the search function, but I'm looking for recommendations from GCP regulars.

Thanks in advance!

Tim
Last edited by tim25 on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:13 am

we went through MudRats for our ATV tour and loved it...I can't help with the rest of your questions. :)

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:55 am

I can answer a couple of the questions.

One of the best places for a sunset dinner is El Panorama, very near Sí Señor's, which is on the corner of Guadalupe Sanchez and Josefa Dominguez. When you are there you will see stairs going up the side of the restaurant. At the top of the stairs is Hotel La Siesta, the top 4 floors of which are El Panorama restaurant.
Actually, it's hard to really determine which is the best place for a sunset dinner as there are so many outstanding places with killer views, but I think El Panorama beats them all. Some others to try are the Vista Grill, Hacienda San Angel, Le Kliff, Barcelona Tapas and Las Carmelitas. These are for views over the ocean from on high. There are many restaurants down on the beach with great views of the sunset too. So many restaurants, so little time.......

tojol57

Re: Golden Crown Newbies...

Post by tojol57 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:27 pm

tim25 wrote:Thanks to all the PR on these boards, the better half and I are going to the GCP on Jan 5 / 07 for the first time. I've been to PV a half dozen times and this will be the better half's second time.

What I'm looking for is recommendations on what to do, who to see, where to eat etc while we're there, especially:

Sunbusters - who/where & how much $? They are people on the beach that do sun tan treatments - Check with Paco. Check our post on our trip Part II, i have more details there.

Andale's - what's the best times to go there (same question for C & C's) Any time - Andale's is hopping after 10 pm until 3 am... that is when we were usually there, sometimes earlier and sometimes later...

What are the best restaurants on site at the GCP & CPC Personally Lorrie and I like them all at the GCP, we have been to the CPC a few times... i say just check them out and go from there. the specialty resturants have their respective menus at the Activities palapa every day, and they change every day... check it out, if you like you sign up, if you don't check out the next place. since it is all menu dining you should be able to find something to eat...

I keep hearing about Si Senor's - where is it? Downtown, just ask any taxi driver they know where it is at. it is close to Ellen's place. HA HA

What's the best restaurant for a sunset dinner? Ellen hit these pretty good for you

Where is the best place to book activities? (Pirate ship, canopy tours, ATV's etc.) Check with Leyte and Karen right there at the resort, they are on the LEFT side of the hallway to the elevators at the resort...
I know thats a bunch of questions & I have tried the search function, but I'm looking for recommendations from GCP regulars. hang in there tim... the GCP regulars will take very good care of you, especially Lorrie and me (aka Mr and Mrs Golden Crown...
Thanks in advance!

Tim

arzluvcaz
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by arzluvcaz » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:43 pm

Hi Tim,

Well...I think between Ellen and Tom, they have given all the answers to your questions.

We will be at the GCP the exact time you are there...I am sure we will run into each other if you have more questions :D

Andy and Cheryl

tim25
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tim25 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:53 pm

Thanks for the help everybody! The wifey and I can hardly wait.

Andy and Cheryl - you'll be able to spot Amy and I easily - I'm the tall pasty fat guy with the pretty brunette! See you there.

arzluvcaz
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by arzluvcaz » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:14 pm

Looking forward to meeting you and Amy!!
See you in 31 sleeps.

Andy and Cheryl

hamster_627
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by hamster_627 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:06 am

Concentrating at work will be a problem from now until quitting time Friday... :o)

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:10 pm

Great sunset dinners at the oceanside restaurant at Lindo Mar. See the sun and hear the surf. Best food with sunset is at the Vista Grill:
Sunset dinner

arzluvcaz
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by arzluvcaz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Hi Tim...I agree!!
This week is going soooooooooooooooo sloooooooooww.

See ya at the GCP

Andy and Cheryl

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:54 pm

anybody want to trade tickers???? HA HA HA...

just got to make it thru the next two weeks and then the audit will be done and i can get ready for vacation....

word to the wise: Don't be come an accountant!!!!

tim25
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tim25 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:48 pm

I'm having a hard time getting thru the next two DAYS! I can't wait - due to work schedules, Amy and I haven't managed to get south for 3 years! Maybe we'll have to add another trip or two this year to make up for it.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:30 pm

that is what we did this year... and that is what i think we will do again this year... we might go down two or three times this year....

PuertoEdmonton
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

GCP Newbies

Post by PuertoEdmonton » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi there to the newbies,,, for what its worth as far as a romantic dinner in PV,,, we just booked thru the GCP hotel and they set us up on the beach with a fabulous dinner a couple of years ago. One of the Cruise ships was anchored in Banderas Bay and as the sun set, the pictures that are friends took of us turned out fabulous. Myrna is the one I booked it thru,, and they set up a nice spot on the beach in front of the pool on the adult side,, and dinner was great, unrushed, and our waiter was exceptional. I would just like to say, we will be doing it again,,, when we head down there on Feb 9,,,, gee,, is that ONLY 6 days away?,,LOL This will be our 2nd stay at GCP and we love it there. Oh by the it cost me $80 US to have this dinner,, and sure its an extra,,, but what the heck,,, the brownie points I scored with the Girlfriend was astronomical!!!!! :D

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:57 am

Hola PuertoEdmonton! We did the same thing for Tom's (Senor Crown) for his 50th birthday in Nov. and it was awesome and I too would highly recommend it. Myrna is such a sweet young lady and so very helpful!! We had the best sunset that night too!!! Definitely a great way to score big brownie points with the girlfriend. We arrive on Feb. 9th for 2 weeks as well. Looking forward to meeting you and your girlfriend!! :D

tojol57

Smooth Move

Post by tojol57 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:11 pm

Hey there PuertoEdmonton - excellent move with the dinner on the beach with the girlfriend.. as my wonderful wife Lojo (Senora Crown) stated we will be arriving about 2 pm to the resort.. and will be in full PARTY and unwind mode... we are looking forward to meeting you and GF during your stay there... there is going to be some crazy crowds there the next two weeks... Caligirl and her hubby's company are coming in again with 40 people (20 couples) and then a WILD group from Wisconsin will be there the second week with 10 + couples... they all like to have a good time... so protect your GF at all costs... HA HA HA