GCP questions

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

norfolkcrew
PV Fan
PV Fan
GCP questions

Post by norfolkcrew » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:42 pm

We are hoping to book at the GCP the first week of November and have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

- Do all rooms have an ocean view or do some look onto the street
- Do all rooms have a balcony or patio
- There is a trip advisory stating that there is construction going on beside the resort that is suppose to go through the night. How close is the building under construction
- Does anyone have the email address for the reservation desk and the name of the reservation person we could contact to make various requests (there are 2 couples going and would like joining rooms, etc)
- We have stayed at the Buenaventura and found the beach not great, how is the beach at GCP and is there an abudance of shade
- Do the rooms have a mini bar

If you have any suggestions as to room requests it would be much appreciated.

You can contact me directly at [email protected]

Thanks
Bill

tojol57

14 time repeater - Mr Crown

Post by tojol57 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:39 am

Let me see if i can answer your questions, since i have been there just a few times over the last 10 yrs... YES i can... ha ha ha :lol: :lol: smile that is a joke...

1) - yes all the rooms face the "bay", Bajia de Banderas... there are approx 140 rooms that face the bay and pool areas (the L shape of the building) and then there are 72 rooms that are considered ocean front of which 12 of those have jacuzzis in the rooms.
2) yes all the rooms have a small balcony that has two chairs and a small table on them.
3) Yes there is a new condo complex going up just down the beach area from you. it is like 150 - 200 yrds away from the resort. as for the noise levels i can't tell you that, since we were there in february they were just working on the foundations and dirt removal. I doubt they are going 24/7, since they didn't do that with the Penninsula Towers or the Venetian Towers down even farther.
3) yes again, i have the guest Relations manager's e-mail where you will make your requests. Myrna Valazquez will take very good care of you. I will PM you with her information, or you can e-mail me with your information and i will forward to her. the only rooms that i know of that have anything ajoining are the timeshare suites, and the only thing that is ajoining are the bedrooms. We have friends from FL that use them when they bring their son and daughter down. And we have stayed in them too over the Paradise Resturant
4) The beach is nice - remember you are not on the caribbean side of the world, so these beaches are not white sand. But you can walk from the GCP clear down to Los Tolus and maybe a little bit farther without much trouble. we walk it every morning noon and night...
5) Only the ocean front, the three honeymoon suites and the time share suites have fridges in them. and only the ocean front and honeymoon suites are stocked with some pop, water and beers (sol and indio)...

Really and truly, i would just get the rooms, unless you are really wanting to spend a lot of time together, one of you get a junior suite for hosting, and the other gets a ROH... or one of you get the time share suite etc...

Let me know if i can bore you with any other details or information...

Tom aka Mr Crown

arzluvcaz
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by arzluvcaz » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:35 pm

Tom has said it all.
The 1st year we went down with freinds we got an ajoining room. It was the timeshare area. One room faces the bay and the other the back alley area. (we got the ocean view room :lol: )
You are best off with rooms next to each other.

Cazzy

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:46 pm

arzluvcaz wrote:Tom has said it all.
The 1st year we went down with freinds we got an ajoining room. It was the timeshare area. One room faces the bay and the other the back alley area. (we got the ocean view room :lol: )
You are best off with rooms next to each other.

Cazzy
Thanks Cazzy... so when are you going home again...

ljonson
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

GCP

Post by ljonson » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:18 pm

Just got back from GCP (umpteenth time) and can assure you noise is not a factor. Never heard a thing from the construction sight and they were working diligently.
Tom is right---Myra will take GREAT care of you. Just ask and she will do all she can to make it happen.
We have stayed in the Penthouse suite and there is a fridge and some supplies there, but not adjoining. Next door is enough.
Tom is also right. Take ROH as all the rooms are great and you will be out and about. THe balcony is the most important for morning coffee and evening drinks and pirate ship fireworks and cruise ship arrivals, etc.
Have a great time---you won't be able to not. LOL
I'm jealous but happy for you. :D
PV es paraiso--claro!
L. Jonson of Louisiana

norfolkcrew
PV Fan
PV Fan

GCP questions

Post by norfolkcrew » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:46 pm

Thanks to everyone for all of the help. We have booked for two couples arrving Nov 7 and can't wait.

Bill - Toronto

tojol57

Blushing

Post by tojol57 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:21 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Glad i could be of assistance... it is a great resort that is for sure as you can see from other repeaters. thanks for your kind words and comments ljonson....

ljonson
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by ljonson » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:06 pm

You know Tom, as many times as you have been to GCP and as many times as we have, if we were to see each other we would probably say "Oh yeah--I remember you!" :lol: We are mostly July, November, and February (or April) as work allows.
Sure would like to be in PV right now. We are in Louisiana riding out GUstav's rain and winds. :cry: Wasn't too bad this time--- thank the Lord.
As always, looking forward to the next PV adventure. Aren't we all?

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by roowie » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:49 am

since our return in November will be our 3rd time at GCP, will we get one of those cool little plaques with our last name on it by our room door?

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:33 pm

roowie wrote:since our return in November will be our 3rd time at GCP, will we get one of those cool little plaques with our last name on it by our room door?
Yes you will - you should have got them on your second trip back. But if on your first trip the reservation was placed by you, and the second was placed by you, then each of you have "one" trip to the resort. confusing yes, but that is how quirky their reservation and computer system works. But yes you should have a plaque showing "Casa Roowie" by your door.....

have a great day...

arzluvcaz
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by arzluvcaz » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:27 pm

:cry:
Hi Tom,

Well we are not going home this year :cry:

We usually travel with another couple and they talked us into trying Punta Cana...I hope we like it. Not much to do but relax...but I guess we can handle that :lol:

I love PVR and the GCP because there is so much to do and the wonderful people. Thinking of taking hubby for our 15th anniversary in Nov 2009.

Happy travels
Cazzy

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Mr Crown

Post by roowie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:26 am

Tom, I seem to recall you are visiting GCP again this fall?
What dates are you going to be there? We are there 11/2-11/10. It would be great to meet you and the Mrs if our stay overlaps.
Louie & Sheila from St Louis

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

November trip

Post by lojol60 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Mr. Crown and I will be at the GCP Nov. 22 - 29 so we will miss meeting you. We will be celebrating Mr. Crown's birthday (Nov. 26), our 20th wedding anniversary which was Sept. 3 and my parent's 50th wedding anniversary which was June 22. The 4 of us will be at the GCP and my sister and her family will be at the CPC next door. We leave 11 weeks from today. We are planning a family trip with lots of wonderful memories to cherish. My Dad is in a wheel chair after an unfortunate accident 4 years ago so it took a lot of work and convincing on our part to get everyone on board. Can't wait to be back home to see our GCP family!! :D

arzluvcaz
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by arzluvcaz » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:06 am

Hi Lori and Tom

Hopefully we can meet in November 2009 for our 15th anniversary.
November 25th, we are so sad we can't be there our usual time in January...we are going to miss our GCP family :cry: