Playa Los Arcos

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

gknee
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Playa Los Arcos

Post by gknee » Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:55 pm

For our first time in PV, we will be staying at Playa Los Arcos from 12-28-02 thru 01-04-03. Can anyone give us an update on conditions there. . . Is this property close to restaurants, shops etc.? Thanks much!

fredy from ottawa/canada

Re:Playa Los Arcos

Post by fredy from ottawa/canada » Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:18 pm

Jeannie (Nov 12, 2002 11:55 a.m.):
For our first time in PV, we will be staying at Playa Los Arcos from 12-28-02 thru 01-04-03. Can anyone give us an update on conditions there. . . Is this property close to restaurants, shops etc.? Thanks much!
great nice hotel , many verry good restaurants all over the place .you are rigth in the old part of TOWN . you will have a good time for sure

Old Gringo

Post by Old Gringo » Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:11 pm

I just returned from P.V. last week.
The Paya Los Arcos is a great hotel. located in Old Town Right on the beach.
I was in the los Arcos two days ofter the storm and they had received no damage. Their beach was torn up somwhat but will be in great shape by the time you get there.
Your in the Fun part of P.V. Lots of restaurants, Bars and amenities. in the immediate area.
In the 25 years that I've been going to P.V. I prefer this part of town.
Have a great Holiday !

Clarisa

Post by Clarisa » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:37 pm

That's the very BEST part of town (you'll see!!). Sooo much better than those who stick themselves out in the hotel zone, etc. There are plenty of restaurants and shops, lots to see and do, friendly local people. You have all the tourist ammenities but they haven't totally overwhelmed the authentic lovely neighborhood and people who live there.

gknee
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by gknee » Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:05 pm

Thanks Fredy!
fredy from ottawa/canada (Nov 12, 2002 12:18 p.m.):
Jeannie (Nov 12, 2002 11:55 a.m.):
great nice hotel , many verry good restaurants all over the place .you are rigth in the old part of TOWN . you will have a good time for sure

gknee
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by gknee » Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:07 pm

Thank you for your reply. We're so-o-o-o excited abouth our trip!
Old Gringo (Nov 13, 2002 02:11 p.m.):
I just returned from P.V. last week.
The Paya Los Arcos is a great hotel. located in Old Town Right on the beach.
I was in the los Arcos two days ofter the storm and they had received no damage. Their beach was torn up somwhat but will be in great shape by the time you get there.
Your in the Fun part of P.V. Lots of restaurants, Bars and amenities. in the immediate area.
In the 25 years that I've been going to P.V. I prefer this part of town.
Have a great Holiday !

gknee
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by gknee » Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:09 pm

We appreciated your reply, glad we did the right thing first time out! Can't wait!
Clarisa (Nov 13, 2002 04:37 p.m.):
That's the very BEST part of town (you'll see!!). Sooo much better than those who stick themselves out in the hotel zone, etc. There are plenty of restaurants and shops, lots to see and do, friendly local people. You have all the tourist ammenities but they haven't totally overwhelmed the authentic lovely neighborhood and people who live there.

Clarisa

Re:Playa Los Arcos - nearby restaurants

Post by Clarisa » Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:24 am

Since you're in the neighborhood here's a few of my favorites: the lady on the corner of Olas Altas/Basilo Badillo who sells fresh orange, carrot, and grapefruit juice is a sweetheart and the best juice in town! Cafe de Olla for Mexican food. Breakfasts at Memo's Casa de Hotcakes and/or Freddy's El Tucan at Posada Roger hotel (try to sit on the patio) are both excellent and a tie for the "best breakfast in town" both on Basilo Badillo. Papaya 3 for any meal (egg scrambles, "big" sandwiches, fish, pasta) fresh and delicious. Page in the Sun or something Angel are two good coffeeshops, these last three are on Olas Altas basically across the street from the door of your hotel. Can't miss 'em. Enjoy!!!

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvdeb » Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:11 am

I've stayed 3 times at the Playa and you've picked a hotel in a prime location; in addition to the above mentioned places, La Piazetta, about a block or so south of the hotel for great woodburning-oven baked pizza, salads and bruschetta, Frankfurt Cafe inland several blocks on Basilio Badillo for great German fare, Chiles on Pulpito off Olas Altas for scrumptuous cheeseburgers and oven-roasted chicken (only open till 6pm), Los Arbolitos at the east end of the south part of town for great Mexican food (take a taxi; a little bit of a hike from the Playa), and check out all the bars along Los Muertos beach on both sides of the hotel, Burros Bar, Cuates y Cuetes, Sandbar, etc for happy hour and gorgeous sunsets.

BE SURE your hotel reservation is for a SUPERIOR room and don't let them put you in one facing Olas Altas, the street, or the music from Andales across the street will keep you up to the wee hours. BTW, Andales a fun place for late night revelry and has great, cheap breakfasts. My favorite room is Playa #3, which faces out over the beach. Some friends recently stayed in #418, which overlooked the pool and had a fabulous dome in the ceiling of the room. The 4th (top) floor of the south wing all have large patio/balconies and overlook the pool and have a fair view of the beach/bay.

Clarisa

Re:Playa Los Arcos / more area restaurants

Post by Clarisa » Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:02 pm

I think all of PVdebs ideas are great ones too!! Only if I was all the way out Los Arbolitos way, I'd choose The Red Cabbage instead, which is two more blocks down the street along the river. Tiny place, funky fun decor, interesting real and not your typical Mexican food. Chili's is a wonderful find, don't even have to brush the sand off your feet & you can order a full chicken in the AM to pick up later in the day.

sioux4noff

Post by sioux4noff » Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:10 pm

There are actually 3 Playa Los Arcos Hotels, all part of the same property, but with slightly different names. Playa Los Arcos, Los Arcos Vallatta and Los Arcos Suites. Check the website at www.playalosarcos.com
We just got back from 9 nights at the Los Arcos Suites. It's a block off the beach, has a small pool, and you can use the facilities of the other 2 hotels, which we did.
We swam in the rooftop pool of the hotel across from ours, and used the beach and pool at the "main" hotel.
Our room had a king size bed, 2 day beds, table and chairs, balcony you could sit on, a mini-fridge and stove top. No microwave.
The place was clean, the room was large, and the price was right $42/night through Orbitz. I'd definately stay there again!