SummerTime

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Jennifer23
SummerTime

Post by Jennifer23 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:00 am

Hello!! I have been to Puerto Vallarta several times and I've always stayed at the Royal Decameron!! I think it's the greatest place in the world!!! The staff is very friendly and they always recognize a familiar face! Anyway, we usually visit Puerto Vallarta every year at the same time of year (Jan/Feb). However, this year a couple of friends and I are planning to go there in the summer time (Mid July). I was wondering if anybody who has been there in the summer could tell me what it's like.... weather wise (does it rain often, is it too hot...etc). Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
My e-mail address is [email protected]
Thank You sooo much!!!!

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:SummerTime

Post by pvdeb » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:08 pm

We were there last July and if you're not use to heat and humidity, just get ready. July is one of the hottest months and it is really, really humid. I am use to heat (100+F) and humidity from home, but people I've met in PV who weren't use to it said it was very tiring. The thing to do is not plan anything too physical during the heat of the day and BE SURE and use LOTS of sunscreen, wear a hat and limit your time in the sun, as it's very intense. Typically, it will rain most days (but not all) for an hour or two in the late afternoon or early evening, then stop, which helps cool things off a little. But sometimes the rain will continue into the night and you may get to see a fantastic lightening show over the bay. The rain is what brings out all the green and lusciousness of the area.

Jennifer23

Post by Jennifer23 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:02 pm

Thanks for your imput, I really appreciate it. Would you recommend people to go there in the summer?

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvdeb » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:53 pm

I think the biggest plus to going in the summer is that because it's low season, there are less tourists, therefore easier to get into some restaurants that may have a lineup in high season, and the prices are generally lower (lodging). There are more families with children at many of the resorts in the summer, so consider that if it matters. I've been to PV in July and several times in Sept/Oct. and I preferred late Oct., but only because the weather was better. One thing I forgot to mention, is to take some bug repellant with you. With the rainy season (summer) come mosquitoes and bugs, especially around areas of dense vegetation.