Reccomendations for a special time

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators: admin, Moderators

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Reccomendations for a special time

Post by smitty » Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:54 pm

My wife and I will be returning to PV this fall and will be celebrating our 19th anniversary on this trip. I have a few plans but was wondering if anyone could tell of their best choices for a night out. Thanks in advance.

mhahn

Re:Reccomendations for a special time

Post by mhahn » Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:12 am

Just curious, where are you staying? We will be there once again October for our 18th anniversary. I have heard the Cliff Restaurant is special (south shore area) We usually stay at all inclusives so not too much up on the out to dinner places. Just wondering what resort you picked for your celebration.

Judi mex

Post by Judi mex » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:37 am

One suggestion is Rhythms of the night, one of the better trips and well worth the $70.00.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:04 am

We haven't booked yet but are planning on the Premiere. We stayed there 2 yrs ago and loved it.Hope you have a great trip and thanks for the suggestions.

carolseashore
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by carolseashore » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:39 am

I would recomend going to El Panarama beautiful sunset and excellent food.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:51 pm

Still planning- anybody eaten at The River Cafe ? Sure sounds nice . Susanna you are a godsend! Thanks for all the info.

susana

Post by susana » Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:37 am

I'll add one more, which I haven't mentioned recently, because a wiser poster let me know they are closed for the summer. 'Adobe Cafe' at the corner of Vallarta & Basilo Badillo. Outstanding food and service. More than once I talked with people eating there for the 1st time who wondered why word on this restaurant didn't get out more. Quiet, AC, romantic, great menu selection.

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:36 pm

Had dinner for our anniversary at River Cafe last May, absolutely the best rack of lamb I have ever eaten.

The question is, are you looking for a to pay for a view or excellent dinning? Le Kliff and El Panorama both provide wonderful views, but if fine dinning is your choice, Trio, Cafe Maximilian or River Cafe would be good suggestions. Not that Kliff or Panorama have bad food, it just is not of the caliber of those I listed IMHO.

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:58 pm

And, correct Teduardo is.

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:54 pm

The Adobe Cafe is closed for ever, it's now a store.
But, upstairs is the new location for Abadía Bassó, enter around the corner.

susana

Post by susana » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:41 pm

Dang!! Thanks -as always- for the update, I thought it was just closed for the summer. Is what you mentioned upstairs a restaurant? I'm not familiar with the name you said.

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by smitty » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:32 pm

Thank you for all for the excellent suggestions.

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:33 pm

Yes, a restaurant, used to be on Hidalgo, between Guerrero and Libertad. Good reviews.

susana

Post by susana » Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:05 pm

gracias senor cabron. I'll give it a try next trip. I think Adobe's kitchen was always upstairs ... at least someone's was because we could watch them cooking from the roof patio of Posada de Roger!

MXPV2003

Post by MXPV2003 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:46 am

I recommend Le Kliff....the view is outstanding....the ocean below, sounds of the waves crashing against the rocks with the sunsetting...one could not ask for more in my opinion. El Set is another lovely restaurant, viewing the city and ocean. La Palapa lots of atmosphere south side of town...live music...expensive...Hope you enjoy whatever you decide...congratulations on your anniversary..............

rojo

Post by rojo » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:11 pm

MXPV2003 (Jul 24, 2003 10:46 p.m.):
I recommend Le Kliff....the view is outstanding....the ocean below, sounds of the waves crashing against the rocks with the sunsetting...one could not ask for more in my opinion. El Set is another lovely restaurant, viewing the city and ocean. La Palapa lots of atmosphere south side of town...live music...expensive...Hope you enjoy whatever you decide...congratulations on your anniversary..............

Where is El Set??

susana

Post by susana » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:08 pm

El Set in down the beach from Playa Los Muertos to the south. I've only done it on foot walking and it took about 45 mins. along the sand. But you can reach it from the highway, the hotel entrance is on that side (road-side).

Is the hotel named El Set also? I don't remember that part, sorry.

rojo

Post by rojo » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:10 pm

I was thinking it was walking distance from Mismaloya Beach?? I know there was a restaurant that we walked to that had a panaromic view that was walking distance. I just don't know.

Thanks

susana

Re: 2 "El Set" ?

Post by susana » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:32 pm

The restaurant near Mismaloya called "El Set de la noche de la Iguana" from the making of the movie might be what you're thinking of? But...

I think the post refers to El Set (not that far south) which is listed as: km 2.5 Carretera a Manzanillo, South Zone.

rojo

Post by rojo » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:44 pm

Susana

You are right. I noticed the but... Does that mean it is not very good or just not in the same class as The El Set.