where to go?

Comments, tips, questions on Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta hotels, resorts, lodging and others.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rustinsmommy
where to go?

Post by rustinsmommy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:21 am

ok This would be our first time going to mexico. I know nothing about the place except what you read online. i am wondering if anyone could make a suggestion. We want to go on a second honeymoon of sorts but don't have a large budget. We would love to have all inclusive and jacuzzi room if possible. Can this be done for $2000 or under including airfare for 2 people from PDX (portland Or)?

ndnqueen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:where to go?

Post by ndnqueen » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:42 am

hey we got an excellent deal at the villas vallarta by cantos del sol we got it thru signature vacations but i dont know if they service the us... it was 2500 canadian for all inclusive and we get to use the sister hotel which is right on the beach the canto del sol. it was a good deal and im excited we are going feb19-26... hope this helps and and have fun on your vacation... i heard u can get deals if you wait til a week before you want to travel.. i will post a link to an aerial photo of canto del sol and the website for villas vallarta.
http://activefxfotos.com/cantodelsol/hi ... /PANORAMIC CANTO.jpg
http://www.signaturevacations.com/svec/ ... ductId=659

ellenl
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ellenl » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:15 am

rustinsmommy,

I fly out of Portland also. My husband and I went to PV for the first time last Nov. I booked us through Travelocity and had no problems. We stayed in Bucerias at the Royal Decameron which is All-inclusive. It was great for my husband who is not a big traveller or chance taker. I would've preferred to stay closer to town where all the people and restaurants are. But the hotel itself is really nice, beautiful gardens/landscaping, great beaches, food-good, nice nightly shows, etc. Anyway, for our stay of a week in mid-November it was all (air, hotel, taxes, fees) well under $2000 US. We flew Alaska with a stop in San Fransisco both ways.

Hope that helps,
Ellen

rustinsmommy

Post by rustinsmommy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:51 am

thank you all for the info. I will check out these places and see what we end up finding out.